+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why did she just hang up on me?

Why did she just hang up on me?

Ok, there is this girl that I know for a few months now.

and no, this is not the same girl that was in my last topic, this one actually acted like a real friend, up intill now

To make a long story short, we hung out a few times and before she was in a relationship, we had a bit of fun with each other. Like making out and such and a few times I picked her up from work and dropped her home.

Im just a really nice guy with a crappy accent. Even though I was born here and Im white. So I guess its sort of a speech problem

But now she is seeing someone right now its too late for me to ask her out and lately it just seems she is losing interest in me, as a friend. On the phone she just ain't that talkative anymore.

At times I acted pretty Jealous around her boyfriend and she didn't like...so I stopped with that, but this was pretty recent.

But the reason I am making this topic is because of what happened today.

She send me an email saying "Hey your not responding to my message" So I decided to call her up.

We talked for a little bit. I asked her what she was doing today and such, but she kept saying that she couldn't hear me(and this ain't the first time she said she couldn't hear me speak up). And I told her why not. She said her brother was playinga guitar in the background.

So she kept asking me to speak up or else she would hang up(Ok, this right here sounds really heartless and bitchy)

So I talked really really loud, but she still said she couldn't hear me and kept telling me to Yell.

I did, but she said just kept saying "Hello? you there? Hello?"

and I was talking really really loud and its funny too because I can hear her perfectly so it doesn't really make much sense to me.

Than a few seconds later, she said" Alright Im hanging up"

So seriously? what is the deal??

Sounds like some problem with the connection during the call. Thats happened to me many times when I could hear someone the other end and they couldn't hear me. Seems to be pretty common with the phones I use anyway.

I'd say from the description you've given she was only saying speak louder/ I couldn't hear you etc because she couldn't hear you that well and NOT because she was being bitchy. Wouldn't really make any sense for it to be that from what you've mentioned. She was probably already in a bad mood and that fact that the phone was playing up and she couldn't hear you, tipped her over the edge so she just got angry and gave up on the conversation.

And she probably just hasn't been talking to you lately because shes preoccupied with other things and hasn't really had time to think about you much. Maybe she's got relationship or family problems and shes not sure what to do about them. Just suggestions, but from what you've said I'm guessing she's probably not been in a great mood lately and has some problem on her mind. Maybe apologise for the unsuccessful phone call and give her some space? Wait for her to contact you maybe?

Yea but its still pretty rude and I think she heard me...it wouldn't make much sense if she didn't

About the phone call specifically, that happens a lot - the connection dies from only one side. It's REALLY frustrating - you can hear them, but they can't hear you. Don't hold it against her.

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by lovesjoyajm View Post
    About the phone call specifically, that happens a lot - the connection dies from only one side. It's REALLY frustrating - you can hear them, but they can't hear you. Don't hold it against her.
    No joke.

Relax, dude.

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Stop overanalyzing EVERYTHING! Take a step back, take a Deep breath, and breathe....

Then wait for her to call you again. If she doesn't, then oh well, her loss.
    Appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times....