+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mentally Unstable

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

Mentally Unstable

How do you know when you've reached a state of mental instability?

If you can rationalize irrationality...if you're really crazy, is it possible to be aware of it?

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    How do you know when you've reached a state of mental instability?

If you can rationalize irrationality...if you're really crazy, is it possible to be aware of it?
    Doubt it. Crazy people think they're sane.

anachronistic Guest
    illusions are a big factor.

usually, the person who has the disturbance, is not the one who realizes; it's their peers. because, they seem to have 'imaginary friends' who claim are really there, but they aren't.

schizophrenia often makes someone feel like there is bugs all over their skin, causing them to scratch their skin raw. but there isn't really bugs there.

Quote Originally Posted by Moogle View Post
    illusions are a big factor.

usually, the person who has the disturbance, is not the one who realizes; it's their peers. because, they seem to have 'imaginary friends' who claim are really there, but they aren't.

schizophrenia often makes someone feel like there is bugs all over their skin, causing them to scratch their skin raw. but there isn't really bugs there.
    Talking about going on a tangent...

Fras- I ask myself that question every other day. How do you know? Maybe pay someone to tell you, like a psychiatrist?
    "Ogres are like onions."

anachronistic Guest
    how do you know?

the day you decide to kill yourself. that is when you are mentally unstable [for life].

I think you mentally unstable when your unhappy and can't find your way back to being happy/content.
    There are moments when one feels free from one's own identification with human limitations and inadequacies. At such moments one imagines that one stands on some spot of a small planet, gazing in amazement at the cold yet profoundly moving beauty of the eternal, the unfathomable; life and death flow into one, and there is neither evolution nor destiny; only Being. - Albert Einstein

I think you can recognise when you've reached mental instability if you've managed to create a seperate logical side to your personality. However, that in itself could be a sign of mental instability. And as emotions all too often prevent us from being logical how the hell can you tell when you're not being logical?

Quote Originally Posted by Sooky View Post
    I think you can recognise when you've reached mental instability if you've managed to create a seperate logical side to your personality. However, that in itself could be a sign of mental instability. And as emotions all too often prevent us from being logical how the hell can you tell when you're not being logical?
    Maybe we were all born mentally instable?

Quote Originally Posted by Eurasian View Post
    Maybe we were all born mentally instable?
    Its a disturbing thought, but the evidence is all around us. Although of course some of use are born more mentally unstable than others and the environment plays its part. Blah, blah, blah.... But yeah, eventually it all comes down to those annoying brain chemicals of ours again.

Damn those brain chemicals!!! Damn them all to hell!!!

Its a disturbing thought, but the evidence is all around us. Although of course some of use are born more mentally unstable than others and the environment plays its part. Blah, blah, blah.... But yeah, eventually it all comes down to those annoying brain chemicals of ours again.

Damn those brain chemicals!!! Damn them all to hell!!!
    Even the ones that are telling you that you are in love with me?

anachronistic Guest
    on different levels, i believe we all are.

just like the chinese proverb; "we are all ignorant, on certain topics"

Even the ones that are telling you that you are in love with me?
    Well I don't recall having those particular brain chemicals... but yes especially those if they were there. Romantic love is the ultimate form of natural mind control. It will push all logic out of the window if you're not careful.

Well I don't recall having those particular brain chemicals... but yes especially those if they were there. Romantic love is the ultimate form of natural mind control. It will push all logic out of the window if you're not careful.

Ouch...

Ouch...
    See love hurts. It sucks!!! That’s why I try and block it out. So I guess I could be hiding intense feelings of love towards you deep down in my subconscious somewhere. Its possible...

If I was going to love anyone it'd be you. I mean we are married for Heavens sake!!! And when you asked me I didn't take long to say yes (just a few seconds if I recall) so that’s got to tell you something.Its obvious really. I'm in denial.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast