+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: serious woman

serious woman

hi, guys. Thanks for answering to my question the other day.

well, what do you think of a serious woman?
    I think things too deeply and my boyfriend seems to be annoyed by that.
    He hasn't really said anything to me but I can sense it.
    Do you have any advice for me to become a less serious person?

thanks for reading.

Quote Originally Posted by chockies View Post
    A woman that is uptight and can't laid back and have fun. I also think a serious woman would be better to deal with when it comes to business, and nothing else, but business. I would highly unlikely talk about anything but business with a serious woman, I would very much likely would never ask her out nor really mean it when I ask her how she is doing either, let alone talk about anything personal.

I say it's just a matter of finding the right guy. I love serious conversations on politics, religion, science, philosophy, etc. I find very few women who want to talk about such things and I think it would be nice.
    Don't try to be something you're not just to keep this one guy.

It's important to strike a balance and if you're always serious then that's a problem. You need to be able to let go every once and while and have fun and not analyze things.

That said, I think it's great that you are a thinker. There are way too many people out there nowadays who don't ever think or ponder things except on a completely superficial level. It's good that you can be deep.

If this guy is put off by the fact that you have any deep thoughts then you need to find someone else. If it's just that he wants to be able to relax with you every once in a while without it getting too complex but is alright with having deep conversations occassionally, then you need to try and lighten up.
    People are bastard coated bastards with bastard filling

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think it would be easier to find a new boyfriend who appreciates you *as is* than it would be to try to change yourself into a trivial little bimbo, and anyway, I doubt that is what he really wants. Have a little more confidence in yourself, because I doubt it is your level of seriousness that puts him off - but your obsessing over whether or not you will lose him might become tiresome. Insecurity is very unattractive. Fake it (confidence) if you have to, and it will feel more natural after a while.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I'm going to write the same bloody damn thing I write in response to everything I see of this nature.

DON'T CHANGE YOURSELF.

I mean, short of putting him down, you have every right to be as serious a thinker as you please.

I know what it means to think deeply... sometimes I lose myself in the loops of my mind, I feel like a robot who has just been fed a paradox...

But this is a *strength*. Deep thinkers become all the more rare with every passing day, don't be one of those women to put on the ditz cap to rake in a guy. Please, i'm actually begging this of you. I've known too many girls go down that road and it's both enfuriating and infinitely depressing to me.

Think deeply, never stop, query yourself on the very reasons for life, the very nature of existence, and never stop, never stop

As for your guy... tell him to get over it, you are what you are.

To quote a famous sailor,

"I am what I am an' tha's ALL I yam!"

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Varulfr View Post
    But this is a *strength*. Deep thinkers become all the more rare with every passing day
    Shut up, not they don't. And you're still not as rare as you think you are. You just like to think that because the idea of being so rare, so special, empowers you. You feel oppressed by the mediocre masses, so you put yourself above them to justify your existence.

You and everybody else.

There are alot of deep thinkers out there. Just most of them may not be as outspoken as you would like to think. I know for a fact that there isn't many round where I live. I would spend days at work probing people with random deep questions and they would be like DURRR and im like omfg.

But there are PLENTY out there is you know where to look. They tend to hang together.
    There are moments when one feels free from one's own identification with human limitations and inadequacies. At such moments one imagines that one stands on some spot of a small planet, gazing in amazement at the cold yet profoundly moving beauty of the eternal, the unfathomable; life and death flow into one, and there is neither evolution nor destiny; only Being. - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by chockies View Post
    hi, guys. Thanks for answering to my question the other day.

I think things too deeply and my boyfriend seems to be annoyed by that.
    He hasn't really said anything to me but I can sense it.
    Do you have any advice for me to become a less serious person?

thanks for reading.
    Alcohol.

Now tell us what you would change about HIM.
    Spammer Spanker

Personally, I admire girls who are deep thinkers. In fact, one of my best ever conversations in my life was with that kind of girl. She ended up being my girlfriend for a year. Unfortunately, I was such a clumpsy guy I forgot every little thing that meant the world for her. Busted. Once I told her to relax a little when she was with me. Which, of course, turned into another endless argument I could never win.

Don't change yourself. Or do, please, be my guest. You will pull it off, and it might come with an extra new-found joy you've never felt before. One thing I know is that it's mighty exhausting trying to be someone you're not, pretending to like things you hate or conversations you find shallow and downright annoying. But if you could live with that, then why not give it a shot...

Godspeed!

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If you're changing your personality for a guy, that's a HUGE red flag.

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    Shut up, not they don't. And you're still not as rare as you think you are. You just like to think that because the idea of being so rare, so special, empowers you. You feel oppressed by the mediocre masses, so you put yourself above them to justify your existence.

You and everybody else.
    hehe, I'm not being sarcastic but maybe you are right

thanks for the comments! well,yeh I won't change myself..I started to think he doesn't have to like everything about me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Alcohol.

Now tell us what you would change about HIM.
    nothing.........

You wouldn't change anything about him? Yeah sure. If you want us to be honest, you gotta be honest. Nothing? I don't believe it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast