+ Follow This Topic

Thread: New Home

New Home

Wow, been a long time since I made a thread. Anyway, my parents just came home from a weekend in Phoenix and my dad revealed to me his next big goal. He wants to buy a second house. He wants it to be in a place that's warm year round and has easy access as far as flights and how much shit you hafta go through to get there. He's had some ideas like Miami, Destin, Hilton Head, somewhere in the Caribbean, Phoenix, and his favorite place of all time; Las Vegas. I like all those ideas but I was wondering if anyone had some suggestions on maybe someplace they'd really like to live if they could live anywhere. I'm so excited about this, even though it's his goal it's always really awesome to see him follow through with a dream and make it a reality. The man is on his 6th business, he's really inspiring. I can only hope I grow to become even half the man he is.
    Heit ist mein taug.

At that rate I'd settle to be one-sixth the man he was.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    well considering that you're his only son maybe you'll one day live up to his shoes and eventually fill them where he leaves off. raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Illusional, I couldnt have said it better myself....

Hey Zekk!!! Whats wrong with Sunny, 74 degree always, San Diego?
    The weather couldnt be better here... I mean Las Vegas is fabulous but the ocean? I wouldn't mind if you were closer either...
    "Remember always, that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    - - Eleanor Roosevelt
    " It's not who we are that holds us back, it's who we think we're not."
    - - Michael Nolan
    "...to love and lose, is better than not to love at all..." .... Lord, whats his name....
    " The world is big... I want to see all of it before it gets dark." -- John Muir

Originally posted by Illusional
    well considering that you're his only son maybe you'll one day live up to his shoes and eventually fill them where he leaves off. raverboy
    Well, I do have a brother, which my parents support a lot more than me. But I know that I'm closer to my dad as far as really wanting to follow his success. Over Christmas break we did some goal setting and I have my list of musts for 2004, so far I'm WAY ahead of schedule and it feels great. I just don't want to let him down as I already have a few times in these past few terrible years. But no need to dwell, I'm on my path, I just hafta wait and see if I turn out as good of a man as that.

Jane, you know I'd love to move out closer to you. In fact as soon as I wrote this I thought (Jane's probly gonna suggest San Diego, lol. However I don't know if California is a place he's thinking of at all. Besides, don't we have Texas plans?
    Heit ist mein taug.

Originally posted by Zekk_T_Strife
    Jane, you know I'd love to move out closer to you. In fact as soon as I wrote this I thought (Jane's probly gonna suggest San Diego, lol. However I don't know if California is a place he's thinking of at all. Besides, don't we have Texas plans?

And we do! So.... off to Texas we shall go.. Your dad sounds impressive. Congrates to him on his 6th business.. That truely is an accomplishement. You should really give yourself some credit, there Zekk.. You are just as impressive... and for traveling in your father's footsteps... something tells me that you will not only follow but surpass his...
    You have the key to your success.. just unlock the door!
    "Remember always, that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    - - Eleanor Roosevelt
    " It's not who we are that holds us back, it's who we think we're not."
    - - Michael Nolan
    "...to love and lose, is better than not to love at all..." .... Lord, whats his name....
    " The world is big... I want to see all of it before it gets dark." -- John Muir

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    well either way, both of you will live up to his shoes if you should decide to. raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...