+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Views on consensual incest

Views on consensual incest

Incest was & still a very controversial issue, people tend to have strong opinion about it. They associate incest with child molestation, but there is another side of incest that most people tend to ignor, that is consensual incest.

Here two articles that deal with this topic, the first one from the British newspaper The Guardian, it is a very long article, I'll post some of it & the rest you can read from The Guardian. The second article from Wikipedi & it address the issue from legal point.

----------------------------------
    Forbidden love: Can sex between close relatives ever be acceptable?
    Johann Hari on the queasy issue of 'consensual' incest

Johann Hari
    Guardian
    Wednesday January 9, 2002

It was a Friday night a few months ago. Rob was standing on my doorstep, ashen and trembling. He still couldn't speak even as he sipped at a mug of tea after my flatmate and I had ushered him into our front room.
    We could not guess what had happened, but a feeling of dread was fast forming in our minds; we could only assume that something terrible must have happened to Rob's fiancee, Karen. Gradually, his powers of speech
    returned and the story emerged. Something had happened, but that something was terrible to Rob himself, not Karen.

Now, you have to understand that Rob and Karen were the most balanced, wholesome couple I knew. They had recently moved out of their flat while it was being redecorated, each returning to their respective family homes for a couple of weeks. That Friday, she had left her keys at his place by accident. He was passing by her parents' place later that night, so he stopped off and rang the doorbell.

No answer. So he let himself in to leave the keys, with a note, on the kitchen table for her mum and dad to return to her. Only, the house wasn't empty - he heard some movement in the front room. In an instant,
    he blundered in on Karen - the woman he was due to marry - having sex. With her dad.

Not her stepfather. Not her adopted father. Her actual, biological dad. She was 22 years old. There was clearly no coercion taking place.

Three weeks passed. Rob had called off the wedding - obviously - and was trying to put his life back together. One morning, he got a call from Karen, asking if they could meet up to divide their mutual belongings, the accumulation of over three years'cohabitation. He agreed.

Predictably, when they met, an argument began. "I don't know why you think it's so odd!" she screamed. "I know lots of people who do this." That stopped Rob in his tracks. "Who?"

And it began to spill out: that she had made contact with lots of people over the internet (and consequently in person): boys, girls, fathers,
    mothers, who are sleeping with their kin. The internet is value-free: it doesn't care or know whether you are selling a secondhand car or buying arms. If you want to get in touch with someone, it makes no moral
    distinction between anti-globalisation protesters and convicted paedophiles. So now there are chatrooms and websites that are de facto support groups for people engaged in incest. And what they want is to normalise what we have long considered to be profoundly
    abnormal.

It was on this basis that Karen said Rob was "overreacting" - she had insinuated herself into an online "community" of people who reassured themselves that they were not freaks. Rob and I spent a few nights gawping at the disguised but fairly developed pro-incest (or, to be more accurate, pro-tolerating incest) areas of the net in an attempt to understand Karen. The exponents of incest that we talked to in cyberspace were very keen to draw a distinction between "consensual incest" on the one hand and abuse, rape and paedophilia on the other. Consensual incest, we were told by "JimJim2" from Ontario, is "when two
    adults who just happen to be related get it on.

You can't help who you fall in love with, it just happens. I fell in love with my sister and I'm not ashamed ...
    I only feel sorry for my mom and dad, I wish they could be happy for us. We love each other. It's nothing like some old man who tries to **** his
    three-year-old, that's evil and disgusting ... Of course we're consenting, that's the most important thing. We're not ****ing perverts. What we have is the most beautiful thing in the world."

==================================

Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Adult incest

Incestuous relations between adults, such as between an adult brother and sister, are illegal in most parts of the industrialized world. These laws are sometimes questioned on the grounds that such relations do not
    harm other people (provided the couple have no children) and so should not be criminalized. Proposals have been made from time to time to repeal these laws — for example, the proposal by the Australian Model
    Criminal Code Officer's Committee discussion paper "Sexual Offenses against the Person" released in November 1996. (This particular proposal was later withdrawn by the committee due to a large public outcry. Defenders of the proposal argue that the outcry was mostly based on the mistaken belief that the committee was intending to legalize sexual
    relations between parents and their minor children.)

In the wake of the Lawrence v. Texas (539 U.S. 558 2003) decision by the U.S. Supreme Court, striking down laws criminalizing homosexual sodomy as unconstitutional, some have argued that by the same logic laws against consensual adult incest should be unconstitutional. Some civil libertarians argue that all private sexual activity between consenting adults should be legal, and its criminalization is a violation of human rights — thus, they argue that the criminalization of consensual adult incest is a
    violation of human rights. In Muth v. Frank (412 F.3d 808), the 7th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals interpreted the case applying to homosexual activity, and refused to draw this conclusion from Lawrence, however — a decision that attracted mixed opinions.

In France, incest isn't a crime in itself. Incestuous relations between an adult and a minor are prohibited and punished by law, but not between two minors or two adults.
    Anwar Fahmy

Quote Originally Posted by King Zarathu View Post
    I didn't read anything other than the title.

I don't care. It's their thing.
    At least try to keep an open mind,
    Anwar Fahmy

Incest = WRONG. Cousin to Cousin is ****ed up enough, but parents? Come on. It's so funny though that she accused him of overreatcting since not only did she cheat on him, she did it with her father who would be giving her away at the wedding.

Yeah, this has been covered way too much but I think it's our responsibility to each time destroy any semblance of acceptance for this nonsense.
    People are bastard coated bastards with bastard filling

It's just social convention that makes this seem "icky" to us. As long as no children result, I guess its okay.

It's evolution that makes us feel this way. If we all ****ed those in our bloodline, the human race would die off. We think it's creepy and avoid it because that's how we survive.

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I guess I can't imagine being that intimate with a family member. But, hey, whatever floats your boat I guess. Just don't broadcast it to the world.

Speaking of the world, its a big place. Lots of opportunities and people. People who aren't related to you. I mean why not give some other people a try?
    Appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times....

anachronistic Guest
    my cousin and i were just recently talking about my ex, and girls and college... and i told her that i think i am not all that great looking and all, and it will be hard.. and she told me that i am smokin' hot.

anachronistic Guest
    LOLOLOL I HAVE A 14 INCH PENIS AND I'M REALLY SELF CONCSCIOUS B/C IT IS SMAL WAT DO U THINK?????// lol1
    hey, SHUT THE **** UP, PRICK

anachronistic Guest
    Hey, NO!
    go sniff your overly large butthole with your overly large nose.

anachronistic Guest
    Was that the best you could do? I'm crying out of laughter at how much of a 6 year old you sounded like. The fact that I didn't shit all over the place like I did when I found out you got ****ed by a vegetable surprises me to no end.

Here's a new debate: Should consensual veggie-****ing be socially acceptable?
    right. i will leave it at this, and i wont be expecting one of these:

Hey, I just wanted to make sure you know we were all joking in the 'I Rule!' thread. I talked to somebody who said you might have taken it seriously--but we were just roughhousing around a little. If you took anything personally, I'm sorry.
    and this is the reason why i dont share any more of my personal problems on this forum.

consensual incest aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhahahaaaa. that's funny.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

come on people, try to read the article & then say what do you think of it. I'm not saying that people should accept incest, it is up to the people to do that, all i'm saying is to look at the other side of the issue, that all.
    Anwar Fahmy

To our grandparents, interracial marriage was shocking and disgusting. To our parents, homosexual marriage was shocking and disgusting. To us, incest is shocking and disgusting. It's all about the evolution of ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob26 View Post
    To our grandparents, interracial marriage was shocking and disgusting. To our parents, homosexual marriage was shocking and disgusting. To us, incest is shocking and disgusting. It's all about the evolution of ideas.
    The spawn of interracial couples aren't mutants. And homosexuals can't have children. It's different then incest by a long shot.

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TDurden View Post
    The spawn of interracial couples aren't mutants. And homosexuals can't have children. It's different then incest by a long shot.
    i think that he meant that things are more acceptable in society as time passes, though he didn't word it like that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast