+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wat are some little things that a girl likes a guy to do????

Wat are some little things that a girl likes a guy to do????

I really need help. Yeah i have told the girl i like her and fair enough we give each other a chance to try out but from the point as a friend.....

wat are some stuff that girls like to hear???

Does giving her comment on the ear rings, accessories clothing that look nice each day helps???

like buy her small chocolates leaving on her desk each day helps???

giving her some encouragement and advice at times when she needs them badly helps???

wat are some other things i can do to impress her??? well not send flowers cos its slightly abit too aggressive....i suppose

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Just don't overdo it. Be yourself. If the two of you are a good match, she will stick around. If you weren't meant to be, she will move on.

Telling her she looks nice is very generic. It is better to say something more specific (yes, the comment about her earrings would be nice) but don't do this on a daily basis because it starts to sound insincere.

Don't buy her chocolates on a regular basis, although every now and then is nice - just to let her know you were thinking about her.

ALWAYS give encouragement, but be careful about advice. Lots of girls don't really want advice about their problems - they just want to vent. It might be a good idea to say "do you want to know my opinion, or do you just want to talk about it?"
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Telling her she looks nice is very generic. It is better to say something more specific (yes, the comment about her earrings would be nice) but don't do this on a daily basis because it starts to sound insincere.
    I have found also giving off the wall stuff also seems to work. For example there was this girl where I use to work that had a top that made her look sexy. So one day out of the blue I told her that she looked sexy with that top. She ended up wearing it a lot more after that, but I only said it once.

Don't buy her chocolates on a regular basis, although every now and then is nice - just to let her know you were thinking about her.
    So flowers are out now? Man I need a girl that will tell me these things because I do not follow such trends.

ALWAYS give encouragement, but be careful about advice. Lots of girls don't really want advice about their problems - they just want to vent. It might be a good idea to say "do you want to know my opinion, or do you just want to talk about it?"
    I use to have a problem with this, but over the years if I was not sure if the girl wanted advice or not I would actually ask her before I opened my month to say something that would get her on my case. This seems to work very well and various girls liked the fact that I ask them if they actually wanted advice or not.

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Vashti is right. Girls like to vent. So, just be there for her and listen.

Also, be sincere with compliments. Ever notice that when something is done repeatatively, it loses it's effect? So, do it once in awhile and take her by surprise. We definately like that.

You also don't need to shower her with gifts. Just little things that show us you are thinking of us mean more then anything. Even little things with meaning behind them that cost little to nothing at all!

Oh yeah, and I like flowers. Flowers are good, but thats just me.
    Last edited by Ellynn; 05-01-07 at 02:58 PM.
    Appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times....

thanks sis.....

i didnt know that repeatedly doing one thing will make it lose appeal.....im often trying to speak to her more...give her slight concern asking her hows ur day..hows ur mood etc....yeah the gift does come in handy......

n yes i notice that girls need no exp stuff..there was once when she was so sad....and i had to leave early......so i drop her a call in the evening to ask her check her cupboard..in there i place in her favourite marshmellow....and think it last at least 2 days being happy......

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Its ok to repeatedly ask her how her day is, how she is doing. But throwing around the same compliments all the time or phrases can get old. We tend to take them for granted. They lose their effect.

But instead mix it up a bit. Or throw something really nice out there out of the blue. It will definately make an impact.
    Appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times....

aww all of those sound so sweet... wish my bf would do that goodluck

What ever you do don't ask her how her day was!!!! don't! Do not listen to the people here telling you to do so. Ofcourse you should if you are looking to kill a few hours of your day or maybe commit suicide by bordem from listening to something you don't really give a shit about.
    [url=http://profile.xfire.com/love9sick][/url]

[url]http://www.myspace.com/83163164[/url]

Oh, my God! OV- you crack me up! You spend plenty of time reading about how somebody's day was here on LF- wouldn't you be willing to listen to some girl if you might get some affection from her later?
    Spammer Spanker

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    OV's bark is bigger than his bite.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Don't ask her how her day way until she lets you know that she wants to ask her how her day was (little signs). And if you ask, listen and show compassion; but if its a story about how her best friend at work pissed her off, don't don't don't get more emotionally involved in the story beyond showing compassion. Don't say a f-ing thing. Don't say, "Well, what a b--tch that friend of yours is" (because they'll be friends again tomorrow, and your line above will be repeated to the new-found friend). Don't say, "Well, hopefully the two of you can iron this out." (because then she'll say, "So, you are taking HER side, huh? Jerk!") So, asking her how her day went is just gasoline on a fire, unless she wants you to ask.

For the most part, it works out better for men if they are quiet and at least at least appear to be emotionally strong/sensitive. Once you have committed yourself to a relationship, realize that your role is simply to be there for her, emotionally, physically, otherwise. But, for gods sake, don't let her think that you are "caring for her" in any way because she'll flip out over that. For the most part, even married couples I've known for years, the guy is still just juggling along...its like a game of "Beat the Clock." Long term, relationships eventually become a routine...so, as long as he stays on his path and she stays on hers, no problem.

If you want to succeed in the "what does a woman want", then be spontaneous with things that are for her (e.g.flowers, candles lit, a bath drawn for her, dinner prepared for her, open-ended tickets for two to a remote island--hopefully, she'll take you along!, etc); but do not in any way make plans for her about things that you think "she might like" beyond things like that. I mean, don't make plans like you are going to have the house repainted (or rearranging furniture) or anything like that without her prior approval. You'll have hell to pay, buddy.

Good luck

CAM, I think I want you to be my Plan B Guy. You sound so much like my boyfriend, I'm starting to wonder if you aren't him IRL.

Baby, is that you?
    Spammer Spanker

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by mik View Post
    I really need help. Yeah i have told the girl i like her and fair enough we give each other a chance to try out but from the point as a friend.....

Does giving her comment on the ear rings, accessories clothing that look nice each day helps???

giving her some encouragement and advice at times when she needs them badly helps???

wat are some other things i can do to impress her??? well not send flowers cos its slightly abit too aggressive....i suppose
    Damn man, I thought this kind of thing was common sense.

Clearly it is not.

How old are you??

Quote Originally Posted by mik View Post

Compliments- Yes, every once in a while. Don't over do it

Chocolates everday- Yea right! Dude you can't go chasing her all the time, you gotta make her chase you

Encouragement- Of course, just don't sound like a pussy

Other ways- Leave her hanging at times, like I said make her chase you. If you chase her all the time, you'll look desperate and like a pus.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Seriously, encouraging her all the time?

What the **** are you, her dad?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast