+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just broke up

Just broke up

I'm 26... was dating this amazing for for the past 9 months, she loved me and took care of me.

We spent almost every day/night together... and I was happy. I wanted to want to be with her forever. But the fact is I didn't love her... and there comes a point in a relationship when you have to man up, and make a decision whether you want to be with someone forever... or move on a stop wasting her/his time.

I broke up with her this morning and I'm pretty sad. And now I'm just going to wait and see how I feel in the upcoming months.. And I think my true feelings with present themselves.

My point is, if you're not sure whether or not you want to be with someone... then you probably don't... Search youself, if you CAN see yourself growing old without her... then leave.

you guys will be back together tomorrow.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Did you tell her you didn't love her?
    Spammer Spanker

i'm totally confused. you said you were happy and wanted to be with her forever but you couldn't see yourself growing old with her? you shouldn't even try to figure out what you want when you're "growing old" whatever that means. you don't know. do you even know what love is? it's not the excitment of a new relationship...

sorry to hear that.. but.. if you're so sure that you did right the right thing, then why are you telling us? are you SURE that's it's her, and not some issues you may have with the concept of staying with someone forever?

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If you were certain you didn't love her, then its probably best you let her go. But, I am as confused as the others...

HOW can you want to be with someone forever and be super happy, but not love them and not see yourself growing old with them? You kinda contradict yourself there.

Maybe you just got cold feet?
    Appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times....

I believe in holding out for "the one". If she wasn't the one, you'd be settling, and that's not fair to anyone.

btw, Tiay, I LOVE your new sig. Sleek.
    Spammer Spanker

how do you tell the difference between "not the one" and "the one, but got cold feet"?

thanks giga!

how old are you misombra?

Misombra you should read more carefully before spouting off... I didn't say I wanted to be with her forever... I said that I "Wanted to want" to be with her... but didn't.

Besides, I didn't post this for advice, I posted it as advice to others.

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Eh, we both read it wrong. Oops!

Ok, I see what you are getting at. You did the right thing in this case. You cut her loose. You just cannot pretend when it comes to those things. Eventually your true feelings always surface. Hold out for "the one."
    Appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times....

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnsonROd View Post
    Misombra you should read more carefully before spouting off... I didn't say I wanted to be with her forever... I said that I "Wanted to want" to be with her... but didn't.

Eh, it was obviously a common mistake. I read it the same way misombra and Ellynn did. Perhaps avoiding the repeating of such similar words would add clarity to your meaning. People who are proficient readers do not normally concentrate on each individual word the way your post would require. Otherwise, you could use boldface font (I wanted to want her) or these: ** (I *wanted* to want her).
    Last edited by vashti; 07-01-07 at 12:26 AM.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

My point is, if you're not sure whether or not you want to be with someone... then you probably don't... Search youself, if you CAN see yourself growing old without her... then leave.

This is a very good point, i would agree with you on this one, but at least you've been honest with her and didn't create any drama i assume. Well, if you didn't have anything for her you probably wouldn't even be sad... Search Yourself!
    ...The key is, being bold and gallant. She is looking for the knight on the big white Charger that she reads
    about in her stupid romance novels. Remember, after she decides to keep you, she will be throwing
    those books in the fireplace, where they belong, while trying to keep you warm!...
    Doc. Love

how old are you misombra?
    older than you.

why are you being so defensive? i don't care if you broke up with your girlfriend. i just read it wrong along with everybody else.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast