+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I got a small prob.

I got a small prob.

I just want to know what yall think bout this.

As most of you know, my life got flipped upside down a couple months ago and Im still recovering from it. Im doing MUCH better than I was a couple months ago.

My only problem is that I Can't stop thinking about her and him. I am completely focused on getting better but I absolutely cannot stop thinking about them two!!! Its like a paranoy in the back of my mind that wont go away! Its freaking me out and Im becoming obsessed Im afraid. I just cant stop thinking about it, and I dont know what to do... I seriously think about it like every 2 minutes and thats not even joking. Its consuming me and I can't get out of the thought process.

How the hell can I stop thinking about it... is this normal.. cause I dont think it is..?
    There are moments when one feels free from one's own identification with human limitations and inadequacies. At such moments one imagines that one stands on some spot of a small planet, gazing in amazement at the cold yet profoundly moving beauty of the eternal, the unfathomable; life and death flow into one, and there is neither evolution nor destiny; only Being. - Albert Einstein

it is. you'll get over it in time, i know it's hard, but believe me you will.

find something to distract you. get a new hobby or something.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Eh, I hate how our minds work sometimes. We sit there and think about stuff that makes us get all worked up. Sometimes I wish we could control our thoughts and feelings. Life would be so much easier.

You just have to give it more time I guess. I've noticed that when someone else comes along, it tends to take the focus off of the past. Maybe you will have some luck with that this yr. At least I hope so.
    Appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times....

Thanks everyone. Im doing my best! Hopefully someone will come along..
    There are moments when one feels free from one's own identification with human limitations and inadequacies. At such moments one imagines that one stands on some spot of a small planet, gazing in amazement at the cold yet profoundly moving beauty of the eternal, the unfathomable; life and death flow into one, and there is neither evolution nor destiny; only Being. - Albert Einstein

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Thanks everyone. Im doing my best! Hopefully someone will come along..
    You should ask one of your female friends out.

I would but the only ones that are even worth trying are taken. There isn't any worth while relationships currently available right now.

anachronistic Guest
    Is there any recent acquaintances, that you barely know?

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Come down to Philly.

Zach, did you ever consider that there might be a finite number of times you're going to think about them, and you're just getting it out of the way?

I think you should delve into it, wallow. Write short stories in which they choke to death, listen to music about what assholes people can be (how about Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds- People Just Ain't No Good.) Dig down deep and get the root of that bitterness dug up.

You're not ready to move on yet. It's too soon. You're feeling less like putting your head in the oven, but anger can last a long, long time, and you have something to be angry about. Call this the winter of your discontent. By summer, you'll be all better.
    Spammer Spanker

that's good advice. i like to wallow sometimes. i eventually get sick of it. i guess it's true the more you deny your feelings and try to put them away the longer they stay around. if you just let yourself be totally miserable the feelings just disappear sometimes...

giga, you're back!
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Sssoooooooooooooooooooooooommmmmmbrrrrrrrrrraaaaaa aaaaa!
    Spammer Spanker

Its all a bit confusing. I think I have truly thought about it quite enough, Im ready to move on. I want to! I admit, I am still quite pissed. I often dream about seeing them together at the mall or some place and i just walk up to them and spit right in their face and walk away. Dear God would that be nice.

Anyways, im sick of feeling like shit and depressed. Im so ready to move on. Its just really hard to move on when you live is such a small town. I hear about them and see them no matter what I want to do. Kinda screwed.

Some people say that when I find myself thinking about them I should get up and stop what Im doing and finding something that is going to take my mind off things. He said that its not avoiding the pain, its just breaking a bad habit now. I think that sounds about right. Ive dwelt on this plenty already its time I break this bad thining habit now though. How to go about that is the problem.

So then I get to thinking if I were to just allow myself to get involved with somebody and take a risk I would finally be able to get her out of my mind for good. I dont know.

Maybe I should just dwell more but I really don't feel like being anymore depressed than I already am. Grr!!

So then I get to thinking if I were to just allow myself to get involved with somebody and take a risk I would finally be able to get her out of my mind for good. I dont know.
    Just be emotionally responsible about it. This will be a rebound. Don't fool yourself, and for God's sake, don't fool her, whoever she turns out to be. You're not completely available for a new relationship- too much of you is still tangled up with The Jerks.

There's nothing wrong with finding someone else, just as long as you're honest with her and with yourself about what you're doing.
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Just be emotionally responsible about it. This will be a rebound. Don't fool yourself, and for God's sake, don't fool her, whoever she turns out to be. You're not completely available for a new relationship- too much of you is still tangled up with The Jerks.

There's nothing wrong with finding someone else, just as long as you're honest with her and with yourself about what you're doing.
    I guess since I can't really give my whole self to someone yet I shouldn't even be getting with anyone at all. Its like a lost cause.

God, why do human emotions and life in general have to be so confusing and frustrating!! lol Damnit!

I guess since I can't really give my whole self to someone yet I shouldn't even be getting with anyone at all. Its like a lost cause.
    Oh, Zach! You are the most incurable romantic in the world!

Look, not every relationship has to be The One. They can't be, can they? You've been through enough of these by now that you should start getting some perspective on what relationships are actually for: preparing you for The One.

It may take 20 years to meet her, Zach. Don't come to her broken and unprepared. Learn that there is love and then there is LOVE. You discount and dismiss everything lower-cased, and it's a mistake, in my opinion. Worse, you try to find your end-all-be-all in people who are just lessons to be learned.

I hope that you come to find that the world is a great big place, full of wonderful people and opportunities for growth. I hope you learn that being disappointed by someone doesn't have to shatter you into a million pieces. Every day, you'll be stronger. Nothing that has ever happened to you has diminished you. Look at you! You're only 20, and already you have more going on inside than a lot of 40-year-olds I know.

Don't let your romanticism get in your own way.

PM me your e-mail address. I want to send you a song.
    Spammer Spanker

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast