+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Well: Tiay

The Well: Tiay

Is this The Well thing still in? or has it gone out of fashion?

anyway, to make it more interesting, anybody can answer any of the questions, or maybe even ask somebody other than me a question. (basically, ask anybody anything, answer any question you feel like answering). So it's more of a sort of general well, I guess. Games like this are more fun when everyone gets to participate.

to start out I'll put a question out there: what's something your real life friends make fun of you about?

For me it's my habit of wearing caps. Also, the fact that all through first year I seemed ultra neat and organised, but now that they know me, they know I'm actually just as lazy and jumbled as they are, which makes them rub it in all the more.
    They also amuse themselves with the thought that next year I'll be full of tattoos and piercings, not going to classes, not paying rent, smoking, and pregnant.
    and my brother mocks me for sleeping in till 5 pm.
    Last edited by Tiay; 08-01-07 at 06:11 AM.

I get teased about being "raised by wolves". Most of my friends have met my family and they can't believe that I am related to those people.
    Spammer Spanker

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    My sisters tease me about my hotel room germ phobia, but I got the last laugh because it turns out my phobia is contageous.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Eeew! I think I got it from you, too! Actually, I've had it for a while. Do you bring your own pillow to hotels too? I always do.
    Spammer Spanker

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yes. Also, depending on where I am going, I have been known to take my own blankets, too. The first thing I do when I enter a room is to strip the bed and clean the door handles and toilet seat, and I wouldn't be caught dead walking shoeless on the hotel room floors, including the shower. I even showered wearing socks one time when I forgot my flip flops. If the room doesn't look practically new, I ask for extra sheets to cover the chairs.

Yes, I am nuts. I think camping is cleaner than a hotel room. At least all the germs in a tent belong to you or your family.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

wow. I wonder if i'll get that way someday apparently, whatsisname, Justin Timberlake is hotel-germ-phobe. So now you have something in common with Justin.. *shudder*..

hm... I'm never much good at these questions. What's some pet peeves you have?

1. Cell Phone operating systems! My old motorola L6 brought me to my knees with its total lack of logic and had some features that were simply.. missing, presumed dead.

2. "too" and "to", "it's" and "its" and "their" and "they're" getting mixed up.

3. people who are against abortion.

4. Telecommunications monopolies. The government basically sold the countries entire telephone network to a private company, which is now being sold from one investor to another being gradually stripped of everything. Of course, it is the consumer who pays- and there's no competition and no effective regulation.

5. People who protest against cell phone masts, but use cell phones; the mast is not the main source- that's the cell phone you're holding up to your brain for hours, so if you're gonna believe that it's bad for you, that's what you should be avoiding. and btw, the cell phone has to up the juice the further away the nearest mast is.

6. when eircom (the company mentioned in point 4) sold something as "broadband" that was infact.... not broadband, My brain almost spontaneously combusted.

7. People who try to prove stuff with statistics. Statistics, by their very nature, can only suggest a likelihood, they CAN NOT prove anything.

8.. there's more 'round here.... but I wont bore you any more

Im just like you vashti, but Im never like that until someone gets me to think about it when im there then I go ill nutso..!
    There are moments when one feels free from one's own identification with human limitations and inadequacies. At such moments one imagines that one stands on some spot of a small planet, gazing in amazement at the cold yet profoundly moving beauty of the eternal, the unfathomable; life and death flow into one, and there is neither evolution nor destiny; only Being. - Albert Einstein

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Pet peeves: I hate when people use the non-word "irregardless". I hate hearing people eat or chew gum loudly. I hate seeing people blabbing on their cell phones while they are driving poorly.

hehe, Irregardless sounds so weird.

It's almost as bad as "nucular". God, do I hate that.
    Spammer Spanker

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Oh, yeah giga! I hate that, too!

Okay, pet peeves:
    1. When someone takes a conversational hostage by starting a sentence and not finishing it for a long-ass time, with lots of pauses while he mulls over just the right way to phrase what he has to say.
    2. People who drive vehicles specifically designed for off-roading yet come to a complete stop in front of a speed bump.
    3. When people let their cats get on their pillows. That is just so gross. Also, letting dogs lick your face. Disgusting!
    4. Really loud car stereos. I saw a great bumpersticker: "If I wanted to listen to the shit coming out of your stereo, I'd get in your car." Yeah!
    Spammer Spanker

#2 really annoys me too. In fact, clean off-road vehicles annoy me. they should always be mud-coated, imo..

It's gotta be someone else's turn to cook up a question

What do you want to happen to your body when you die? Burial? Cremation? Eaten by wild animals?
    Spammer Spanker

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I was thinking cremation, but my daughter is violently opposed, so I will probably let the kids decide when the time comes. It may bring them a certain amount of peace to have a gravesite to visit, and I don't guess it matters all that much to me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast