+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: should money matter in a relationship?

LostNotFound Guest

should money matter in a relationship?

hey guys, just wondering what your thougths are..should money matter in a relationship? as in how much money each person has? let me know what you think. im a bit confused with this.

I don't know if it should, but I'm sure that it does. Every time. Balance of power and all.
    Spammer Spanker

Exactly, technically it shouldn't, but it almost always does. Thats why a lot of people break up around X-mas because of financial stress. The sad thing is most people don't see that the issue is money, and they blame other things. I think money problems should be easily overcome, but thats just me.

It's worse when one is not working. If both are working, it makes it easier to work through financial issues.

Of course, Im talking about fairly young couples. Im staying broke now, cause I dont want to be broke when Im in my 40's, which isnt too far away.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Money (and more importantly, the way it is spent) tells a LOT about the character of a person. You can tell if a person is responsible, frivolous, ethical, generous, etc. all based on how they use money, so yes, I say money matters a LOT.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Money (and more importantly, the way it is spent) tells a LOT about the character of a person. You can tell if a person is responsible, frivolous, ethical, generous, etc. all based on how they use money, so yes, I say money matters a LOT.
    But you can also tell how the person your going out with reacts to how you spend your money as well.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I don't think how much money a person has is nearly as important as what they do with it.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I think at the end of day when it comes down to practicality, it does matter whether you want it to or not

I don't think how much money a person has is nearly as important as what they do with it.
    True. But the persons reaction to how you spend your money is important as well. Basically you can tell how much money means to the other person and if they are a gold digger or not.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Jurupa, I am noticing you have an unnatural amount of concern about "gold diggers". What is up with that?

Are you asking if it "should" or if it "does"? I think it should NOT matter but I think at the same time that it DOES.
    [url=http://profile.xfire.com/love9sick][/url]

[url]http://www.myspace.com/83163164[/url]

You mean like blowing 120 bucks on drinks with friends? Like I did last night?

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm still ashamed for blowin' 500+ bucks on an Xbox 360.

i think money matters, how much you have, how much you take in, how much you spend, what you spend it on, how you save it. Im in college right now, and it doesnt matter that much, but im sure when i get out it will be more of a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    I'm still ashamed for blowin' 500+ bucks on an Xbox 360.
    Meh, I pay good money to be entertained lol

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It does matter to some extent. I mean some people are very good with money whether they have a lot of it or not so much of it. Then there are people who do NOT know how to handle money. They blow it on stupid stuff or have no idea how to manage their finances which causes them to go into the hole big time.

In a relationship, if both people are careless with money, they will end up with nothing. Lack of money can put added strain on relationships and cause them to end. Also when one person is responsible with money while the other person isn't, that can put a strain on a relationship as well.

But, back to basics. Would I date someone who didn't have as much money as me? Yes, of course. Would I date someone with money, maybe. It all depends on the person. Being responsible with the money does play a big part. LIke, my ex was always bitching about how poor he was but yet would blow money(whenever he got some) on video games left and right and couldn't keep a job to save his life. To me, thats irresponsible.

But, if I could honestly see him trying and SAVING, I would take that into consideration.
    Appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times....

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast