+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What was/is your mother like?

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

What was/is your mother like?

I know this is a strange question, but I'm curious as to who will answer, and what they will say about their mothers.

My mother is bipolar seemingly. She takes prozac and has ridiculously high manic moods 90% of the day then she gets pissed the other 10%. When she is manic she is jumpy happy EXTREMELY touchy feely and kissy. She will always jump on me and try to hold me and kiss me on the cheek and it happens nearly every 5 minutes and it bugs the hell out of me. She is 110% Christian and used to constantly attempt to indoctrinate me with Christian dogma. Shes not so bad anymore after I told he to knock it off. She doesn't have many friends, just me and my family. Other than that, she is a good mom in my opinion.
    There are moments when one feels free from one's own identification with human limitations and inadequacies. At such moments one imagines that one stands on some spot of a small planet, gazing in amazement at the cold yet profoundly moving beauty of the eternal, the unfathomable; life and death flow into one, and there is neither evolution nor destiny; only Being. - Albert Einstein

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    She will always jump on me and try to hold me and kiss me on the cheek and it happens nearly every 5 minutes and it bugs the hell out of me.
    As annoying as it may be, try to appreciate it for what it is.

At the very least.

Oh, I know some people would die for a mom like mine, but its like having a girlfriend who is WAY too clingy. It gets real old. But I try not to be mean to her. I do appreciate her love. <3
    There are moments when one feels free from one's own identification with human limitations and inadequacies. At such moments one imagines that one stands on some spot of a small planet, gazing in amazement at the cold yet profoundly moving beauty of the eternal, the unfathomable; life and death flow into one, and there is neither evolution nor destiny; only Being. - Albert Einstein

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    My mom is crazy. I hope this isn't an inherited quality.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    My mom is crazy. I hope this isn't an inherited quality.
    My mom is crazy too.

And I know for a fact it's an inherited quality.

Just not to the boys.

That's not good news to me. My mom has a borderline personality disorder exacerbated by habitual marijuana use. Her behavior is getting a little more extreme every month. For instance, I just came home after a 4-day weekend away during which she fed my dogs and "checked on my house". I put that in quotations because it means something completely different with her. She catalogued in her stoned-as-hell brain exactly where everything was on Friday and checked obsessively to make sure it was still exactly where it should be on Saturday, Sunday and Monday. She also turned my heater off. It was exactly none degrees when I pulled into the driveway last night, and I could actually see my breath in the living room. Fortunately, my pipes did not freeze.

Sometimes I wonder if people look at her and think I shouldn't be allowed to breed.
    Spammer Spanker

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Sometimes I wonder if people look at her and think I shouldn't be allowed to breed.
    It's okay Giga, you have my full permission to continue breeding.

Loving and passionate about her kids. She sacraficed everything for me and my brother. A bit to competative with other people and demanding on my part.
    [url=http://profile.xfire.com/love9sick][/url]

[url]http://www.myspace.com/83163164[/url]

we've recently heard a bit about my mom on there. but leaving that to one side, she's a good mom. I'm lucky to have very nice, understanding, supportive parents. She has a few issues, but she did come from a pretty bad childhood.

I think I have one of the better moms out there. She most certainly does the mother stuff, but at the same time she does have an open mind and beyond her mothering side she is not that protective of me.

My mom use to be normal but later went insane when I was still a kid. I believe she has bipolar disorder. She would hear voices as well and at times be screaming and yelling at something. Its really nerve racking at times.
    I want a girl who likes to talk. ......I just dont know what to say sometimes and would rather just listen.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Seriously? She should be seeing a physician, Henry. She sounds like she is schizophrenic, and she needs meds.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    My mother was once a very kind and caring mother.

Or maybe that was my perception because I was young and didn't know any better.

In any case after we moved to the new house and she broke her leg for the second time things quickly changed. She didn't work, and the house started to get messy. She bought things to make herself happy, lots of lots of junk. She bought dolls because she didn't have many when she was younger. She bought sewing fabric and crafts items that never went used. Yet she bought piles and piles of it because they were on sale.

She would blame us for the house being such a mess, saying we didn't help her any, which admittedly, we didn't. Why? Because she was creating the mess. There's no way in hell we should have been held even partially responsible for the mess she created. I loved my mother very much up until I was about 12. Then I just started to hate her. She was manipulative, and emotionally abusive. She would use gifts as a means to make you feel guilty about not listening to her. She would manage to start fights at her every whim. If you didn't fight back, if you didn't scream and yell and curse back you were in danger of succumbing to her false truths.

She often told me and my brother we bad as our respective fathers. She would tell me I was just like my brother, suggesting my brother was bad too. She always tried to get other people's pity.

I used to be very affectionate with my mother. I remember when she would rock me to sleep, and I'd give her hugs and kisses. She continued trying to get me to hug her and kiss her. Tell me that my cousin Joe (rest in peace) kissed his mother. But I knew it wasn't the same. I became very unaffectionate towards everybody. I wanted it, but simply out of habit, even from those I wanted affection from, I'd shy away from it. Literally dodge it in some cases. I became wary of gifts as I started to view them as traps, things to be used against me later. My mother taught me how to hurt people, with words. To take things of innocence and turn them into missiles of malice.

Since the "happenings" as of late. My mother has started to come around. But I believe it is only temporary. I don't believe she will ever change for the long term. She's too old, too set in her ways. There have been many times when she would exhibit behaviors of change, but it never lasted long. I don't know what to think of her anymore. Quite frankly, I don't think much of her at all. I speak and visit her occasionally. But it's often brief and very awkward, for me at least. I wish I could love her like a son is supposed to. I care about her, to an extent, but I just don't feel that love.

You just can't change them. No matter what you try, what you accomplish, what you threaten. I've turned myself inside-out in my life trying to get what I needed from both of my parents, adjusting my needs to suit what was available, etc. I've learned to understand that they are limited.

Very limited.
    Spammer Spanker

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast