+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If a girl asks you if you have a gf, what does it mean?

If a girl asks you if you have a gf, what does it mean?

I know it's a dumb question, but most questions asked here probably are as well.

If a girl asks you if you have a girlfriend, pretty much out of the blue (it was on MSN), what does it mean. I'm pretty clueless, so it'd be interesting to get a wide range of opinions here.

Things you may need to know:

She knows me, and I know her. We don't have any mutual friends, and we don't even know each other that much. She's more of an acquaintance.

I'll answer any of your questions as the thread goes on.

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by RS7K; 08-02-04 at 11:16 PM.

Re: If a girl asks you if you have a gf, what does it mean?

Originally posted by RS7K
    I know it's a dumb question, but most questions asked here probably are as well.
    What exactly is that supposed to mean?

Anyway, onto the point. So you know this girl as an acquaintance and she's asked you if you have a girlfriend. I've also been under the assumption in instances like that where she might be hinting towards her interest in me but that's rarely if ever the case. This is, of course, merely my opinion based on past experience. For me it's generally just been polite conversation trying to see if you're in a relationship and to see how it's going and see if its something you're excited about. I think its just a friendly convo. I'd be interested to know what others think about it though.
    Heit ist mein taug.

yeah. Could be either way. It also depends on HOW they say it. Girls who aren't interested (or who are very good female playas) will find out without seeming interested. Other girls will ask you slowly or hesitating, as though they were AFRAID to ask (ie - "So . . . um . . . . do you have a girlfriend?") THOSE are more likely to be interested in you.

Basically, this girl that asked you over IM you really can't even begin to make a judgment (another reason why I never try to meet girls over the internet. Too hard to work your game and too hard to read their reactions). I hope you came back with a snappy comeback such as, "Nope. Position's still open if you want to apply." Or something cheesy like that.

Alexi

ok.. guys.. dont read into it.. it is just that.. do you or dont you.. woman dont just make " pleasent convo" we want to know!
    "Remember always, that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    - - Eleanor Roosevelt
    " It's not who we are that holds us back, it's who we think we're not."
    - - Michael Nolan
    "...to love and lose, is better than not to love at all..." .... Lord, whats his name....
    " The world is big... I want to see all of it before it gets dark." -- John Muir

Yea we do! otherwise we wouldnt have asked.
    How old are you guys?
    Some woman know what they want and go for it, aren't shy about it either...
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

Re: Re: If a girl asks you if you have a gf, what does it mean?

Originally posted by Zekk_T_Strife
    I've also been under the assumption in instances like that where she might be hinting towards her interest in me but that's rarely if ever the case. This is, of course, merely my opinion based on past experience. For me it's generally just been polite conversation trying to see if you're in a relationship and to see how it's going and see if its something you're excited about. I think its just a friendly convo.
    Can you tell us more about your experiences?

Originally posted by sfalexi
    Basically, this girl that asked you over IM you really can't even begin to make a judgment (another reason why I never try to meet girls over the internet. Too hard to work your game and too hard to read their reactions). I hope you came back with a snappy comeback such as, "Nope. Position's still open if you want to apply." Or something cheesy like that.

Alexi
    I didn't meet her through the Internet; I just added her to my MSN contact list.

I'm the type of person who would come back with phrases like the one you wrote, but I guess I was too stunned at the moment (not surpised though, just stunned), so I just wrote "not at the moment".

So, RS7K, do you have a girlfriend?

(Hint: the correct answer to that is just what Zekk said, "What the hell is THAT supposed to mean?")

And Zekk is right about the other thing too. There are no stupid questions asked here.

What did you answer to her, anyway?

Originally posted by IceQueen
    So, RS7K, do you have a girlfriend?

(Hint: the correct answer to that is just what Zekk said, "What the hell is THAT supposed to mean?")

And Zekk is right about the other thing too. There are no stupid questions asked here.

What did you answer to her, anyway?
    No, I don't have a girlfriend.

I just thought my question might have sounded stupid since the answer may or may not be painfully obvious to some people, and at the moment I thought people must be asking a lot of questions of this nature on here. I'm truly sorry about this.

I just said I didn't have one at the moment, but that I hope to get lucky on Valentine's Day.

Originally posted by RS7K
    I just said I didn't have one at the moment, but that I hope to get lucky on Valentine's Day.
    ah.. a man with motivation.. lol

There are no stupid questions.. and maybe I jumpped to conclusions when I said not to read into it.. maybe it was pleasent convo and maybe she was just trying to make sure she was gunna be 'hooked up" on valentines day too!
    "Remember always, that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    - - Eleanor Roosevelt
    - - Michael Nolan
    "...to love and lose, is better than not to love at all..." .... Lord, whats his name....
    " The world is big... I want to see all of it before it gets dark." -- John Muir

Originally posted by jane
    ah.. a man with motivation.. lol

There are no stupid questions.. and maybe I jumpped to conclusions when I said not to read into it.. maybe it was pleasent convo and maybe she was just trying to make sure she was gunna be 'hooked up" on valentines day too!
    So... yay for me?

maybe . who knows.. whats the situation like now? are you guys hanging out in the same circles? give me a little more info!
    - - Eleanor Roosevelt
    - - Michael Nolan

Originally posted by jane
    maybe . who knows.. whats the situation like now? are you guys hanging out in the same circles? give me a little more info!
    We don't go to the same school, and we've only met each other at work. We're more like acquaintances, since I don't know enough about her to consider her one of my true friends. To clarify the situation, I'm 17, and she's 15. However, we're both very mature, from what I can tell.

There's a lot of positive eye contact, and there's a really good vibe. In fact, the only reason I'm asking this question is because I've been burned in the past, and it's made me a hell of a lot more cautious for when it comes to girls.

One of the only problems I have is that I'm really happy in where I am in my life right now. I have no idea what to expect in a relationship, since I've never been in one. I used to be very shy with girls, and while it's still a problem now, it's much better than it used to be.

In fact, the only reason I'm asking this question is because I've been burned in the past, and it's made me a hell of a lot more cautious for when it comes to girls.
    I've been there too . . .[/quote]I have no idea what to expect in a relationship, since I've never been in one.[/quote]Well you're probably gonna have to start one sooner or later. Why not now? Or why not at least try now? Go for it. I mean, there's no better way that I know of to find out if a girl is truly interested in going out with you than to ask her out. And if she says yes, then you come back here asking for questions on a good first date, what to do next, etc. etc.

And if she says no, then you know where she stands and you can start looking around for other girls. Although I personally would never date a girl from work . . . but that's up to you.

Alexi

Originally posted by sfalexi

And if she says no, then you know where she stands and you can start looking around for other girls. Although I personally would never date a girl from work . . . but that's up to you.

Alexi
    Yeah, that's pretty much what I said to myself a few months ago. However, some people I know say that shouldn't hold me back from what could be an awesome time. And I like her a lot too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast