+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How do you talk to girls?

How do you talk to girls?

ok i can say i myself am confident and that i know how to hold a convo but when it comes to girls im clueless. I had this girl just say to my freind on msn hes not talkin to me tht much....plz help i dont want her to think im not interested or the other way around

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Practice. I'm assuming you're in your teens. It's understandable that you're nervous, and when you're nervous conversation doesn't come naturally. Do a little planning beforehand. I know it sounds corny, but when you're sitting at home relaxed and calm think about things you could talk about the next day. The idea isn't to show up with a scripted conversation, however. As always, my advice is to pick something you can both relate to and start talking about it. There's simply no better way to break the ice. If the conversation reaches an awkward pause, which it probably will, revert to last night's planning and introduce a fresh topic. And don't be afraid to ask questions. People love talking about themselves. In time it'll all come naturally. Until then I suggest using these little cheats. They worked for me.

What is wrong with being quiet? These bitches these days, I swear.
    [url=http://profile.xfire.com/love9sick][/url]

[url]http://www.myspace.com/83163164[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by The Great OV!!! View Post

Once again, I am cackling hysterically. OV, I swear, you have the funniest, dryest sense of humor.

And yeah, that's a point for old-fashioned dating. Face-to-face, all you guys had to do was whip out your wallet and try not to fall asleep while we girls went on and on and on about handbags and whatnot. Now, with MySpace et al, you're actually expected to contribute to the conversation. How annoying!
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by The Great OV!!! View Post
    I agree. If a girl can't handle me being quiet (I am quiet by nature), then she should maybe not talk to me if she can't deal with it.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Conversation requires TWO people (at least). If you want a girl to like you, you guys will have to figure out a way to make her feel like she isn't talking to a wall. Try acting like your online personna and see if that helps.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Conversation requires TWO people (at least). If you want a girl to like you, you guys will have to figure out a way to make her feel like she isn't talking to a wall. Try acting like your online personna and see if that helps.
    Okay!

But seriously, yes it takes two convo, but do you really have to talk all the freaking time? Whats wrong with a nice peaceful quietness? One of the things I learn in college (Aren't you proud lol) today in business communication was that people pay more attention to your body language than what you actually say. And I think this is were the nice peaceful quietness can do more good than almost talking about what ever as your body is doing the talking and "feeling" the mood.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You guys just use that as an excuse to not have to take responsibility for your share of the conversation. We require more than "you are cute, wanna f*ck?"....
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    We require more than "you are cute, wanna f*ck?"....
    Exactly.

That comes later.

You guys just use that as an excuse to not have to take responsibility for your share of the conversation.
    Uh no we don't. If I have something to say I will say it, if I don't then my mouth will stay close. Its pretty simple really. Because I don't feel the need to make the conversation going all the time. I do like the times where there is a nice peaceful quietness. The only times I like non stop conversation is either when I am with my mom side of the family or I am into the topic on hand. Thats it. All other times my mouth is closed and I am listening. Yes if I have something to add to the conversation I will say it or if something is directed to me and depending on what it is I will respond to it, so its not like I don't take "responsibility" for my side of the conversation, its more than I deal with it differently than you females want me to.

No shit. You require a lot more than us guys do to have sex. It is almost like paying for sex.

You guys just use that as an excuse to not have to take responsibility for your share of the conversation. We require more than "you are cute, wanna f*ck?"....
    No one is saying we NEVER want to talk. Just dont want to talk Bullshit when we dont want too. Like bring up the dying penguins on the news just to start a conversation, I like to say something when I have something to say. Obviously if someone shy is talked TOO they will respond right? I doubt this guy just gets up and runs away lol. If the girls like talking so much then they can bring up the topic, I always gladly jump in...I dont like to start stuff. Maybe this guy is the same way.

You would be suprised with some girls.

Start with ugly chicks and move on up. It'll be alot easier for you.