+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Short Term Relationship

Short Term Relationship

Ive had this in the past and its just happened again you start seeing someone and they say they want to see you but it probably wont last and eventually we will break up and be friends - dont know when but sometime.

Can someone explain this to me in English?

Does it basically mean they like me a bit but not that much, they would like to see me for a while but when they are fed up with me they will just toss me to the side - this will happen anytime they feel like it.

To me - if I meet someone and like them I want to go out with them. See how things go. Fair enough if they dump me because ive done something wrong or discover they dont like me. Im not looking for marriage or any commitment long term but just see how things go...

I just dont see the point in starting something if you dont intend to see it through. If it doesnt work out then fine but at least you both had the best intentions.

Am I wrong or right or what? Ta.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It means they like you enough to have sex with you, but not enough to keep you. Now that you know this, how will you handle these situations?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Im in two minds to be honest!

Part of me says just walk away and dont get tied up in it. You'll just get hurt. Its only sex and you can find someone else. Dont get used.

The other says just go for it and have some fun. Be hard and forget any feelings. You've been told the way it is so its not going to be a big suprise.

I am more a lovey kind person, when im on my own im fine but when I get involved I cant shut out my emotions. Or at least ive not been able to in the past or never tried properly from the start. Part of me wants to try it and see if I can manage. Part of me doesnt because its not what im about or like.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Deadheart - if you already know you are the type to be emotionally invested, then why would you put yourself in the position to become broken? Just walk away. Not everyone is made for casual sex.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

You do realize that you have some choice about who you involve yourself with, right? Set your standards higher. Look for people who are actually available for a relationship in the first place.
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by deadheart View Post
    Ive had this in the past and its just happened again you start seeing someone and they say they want to see you but it probably wont last and eventually we will break up and be friends - dont know when but sometime.

Can someone explain this to me in English?

Does it basically mean they like me a bit but not that much, they would like to see me for a while but when they are fed up with me they will just toss me to the side - this will happen anytime they feel like it.

To me - if I meet someone and like them I want to go out with them. See how things go. Fair enough if they dump me because ive done something wrong or discover they dont like me. Im not looking for marriage or any commitment long term but just see how things go...

I just dont see the point in starting something if you dont intend to see it through. If it doesnt work out then fine but at least you both had the best intentions.

Am I wrong or right or what? Ta.
    Well, you are obviously a girl.
    [url=http://profile.xfire.com/love9sick][/url]

[url]http://www.myspace.com/83163164[/url]