+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Describe the "feeling"

anachronistic Guest
    I should also point out that it isn't proven that God doesn't exist. (sorry for spamming the thread ov)

tooxshort is offline Souljah
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    a lot of everything boils down to "Faith" ...
    no autographs, please!

The more I see, the more I don't know for sure. - John Lennon

Life is ... Too Short.

"It seems we living the 'American Dream', but the people highest up got the lowest self-esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things ... for the road to riches and diamond rings."

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by The Great OV!!! View Post
    I say some people win a debate by default...like athiests..I had a debate about god with a thiest before and it went like this "Prove god doesnt exist" "Prove who?" ...THE END!
    Oh, hey

I find it silly when people use this as an argument because the fact that they argue with me proves that they do not believe it themself...why would someone argue with nobody?
    Say, have you ever studied the bible? (in case you didn't know, it is intended to be the word of god, although not spoken directly by him)

Anyways, you can choose to believe what you want. There is no definite proof that God exists or that Earth was just a random explosion or some shit like that. You can't. That was before written history. Before man. We can make estimated guesses, and whatever, but who really cares? Is your intent to prove there is no god?

As a christian, or a believe in god, one is not expected to prove that they exist. And to do so is nonsense. Because believing in a god is a test of faith.

I think it is silly to argue over beliefs. I think it is wrong, because EVERYONE is entitled to their OWN beliefs. Stop trying to 'convert' people into what you believe. Just accept people and their beliefs.

Feel me?

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm a big fan of [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triangular_theory_of_love"]this.[/URL]

All relationships go through stages, and I think this describes most feelings we get. It's pretty cool.

anachronistic Guest
    According to that triangle, my current relationship is very companionate, but close to the consummate love one. This is because of a lack of passion.

There is passion, but not equally as much as there is commitment and intimacy.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    That triangle is pretty cool.

But I like swastikas better.

In any case, I don't know what to make of my relationship with Amy right now.

And I'd rather not try to define it at the moment either.

It is what it is, and I'm content with that for now.

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    That triangle is pretty cool.

But I like swastikas better.

In any case, I don't know what to make of my relationship with Amy right now.

And I'd rather not try to define it at the moment either.

It is what it is, and I'm content with that for now.
    Question.

Why were you referring to her as NOLA?

Quote Originally Posted by lilwing View Post
    I should also point out that it isn't proven that God doesn't exist.
    I should also point out that it isn't proven that there is no teenage mutant ninja turtles in the core of Jupiter. Like I said, Athiest wins by default, It is up to you to prove god, not up to the athiest to disprove god. As an athiest I have to say that I couldn't give two shits to argue about something that doesn't exist. I am not arguing god in a thread about love. Pfft, I dont have to...I win by default ...you can try and prove him if you like though...haha good luck.
    Last edited by The Great OV!!!; 24-01-07 at 07:30 AM.
    [url=http://profile.xfire.com/love9sick][/url]

[url]http://www.myspace.com/83163164[/url]

anachronistic Guest
    Well, believe what you want. I refuse to argue about such things, because it is your choice to believe there are no gods, and it is my choice to believe in one.

A question I have though, if the atheist provokes the fight, why is it the theists responsibility to prove it? the atheist should prove their point.

why do people even argue about it?
    Last edited by anachronistic; 24-01-07 at 07:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
    I'm a big fan of [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triangular_theory_of_love"]this.[/URL]

All relationships go through stages, and I think this describes most feelings we get. It's pretty cool.

I know, but to me "love" is one stage and not all of them put together. Sounds like alot of people who think they know more then they really do.

Here:

Step one: Love
    Step two: attachment
    Last edited by The Great OV!!!; 24-01-07 at 07:36 AM.

Well, believe what you want. I refuse to argue about such things, because it is your choice to believe there are no gods, and it is my choice to believe in one.

A question I have though, if the atheist provokes the fight, why is it the theists responsibility to prove it? the atheist should prove their point.

why do people even argue about it?
    I just said I don't like to argue it. Funny you say that because it is the theist that go around school hall ways bugging the fawk out of people...its you who starts the fight...I dont know if you notice but I keep trying to change the subject back. Never the less if you express your opinion I will express mine. I also don't fight fights I dont need too because I already won, like the god argument.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Question.

Why were you referring to her as NOLA?
    Amy isn't NOLA.

NOLA is where she's living

New Orleans LouisianA

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    Amy isn't NOLA.

NOLA is where she's living

New Orleans LouisianA

Wouldn't that be NOL? why use the end of Louisiana?

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by The Great OV!!! View Post
    I just said I don't like to argue it. Funny you say that because it is the theist that go around school hall ways bugging the fawk out of people...its you who starts the fight...I dont know if you notice but I keep trying to change the subject back. Never the less if you express your opinion I will express mine. I also don't fight fights I dont need too because I already won, like the god argument.
    I'm not bringing anything up; the subject is still on. I'm about to walk away from it with this post;

I don't go prancing around at school bugging anyone. Most people don't even know what I believe because I usually do not share it. I don't take part in religious debate. I do know people who do, and it even bothers the hell out of me, and I even believe in a god (not going to share what though; not exactly christian)

Haha, ok, you won the 'fight'. Whatever. My intentions weren't to argue, but to simply point out that it hasn't been proven that a god exists or not... sounds like a pretty neutral statement to me.

Frasbee- Oh.

You KNOW this process is going on in your mind.. so.. how can you even still.. believe yourself?
    I don't know that, how do you figure I know that? Nor do you. Just because you research it and read about it doesn't mean its proven. Even if a scientist comes to you with documents saying everything is true, you still have to take his word for it. When is comes down to it... you just have to believe it or not... its pretty simple actually.

It sounds like lying to yourself to make yourself feel better!
    It seems that life usually goes that way. lol

"right.. i'm gonna consciously choose think about it this way because the other way upsets me"
    Thats exactly right. You do it too. Just to certain things, like say for example you are depressed and you realize you don't like how you feel so you make a effort to think positively even though your whole life has gone to hell. At first its like a joke because your just lying to yourself, but after a while a miracle happens... You realize your not pretending anymore and you are happy. Thats how it works.

That's like me looking at a room and saying, damn, I don't like the colour of the walls- I know! I'll just decide to believe that they're not that colour at all. Sure I can stomp my foot and ask for eye tests and colour analysis before I change my mind, but in the end I can always argue that nothing is provable and everything is possible, so I can always hold on to the belief that it is not vile lime green. You're gonna say that analogy isn't the same thing, but to me that sounds just as illogical and self-deceptive.
    Well it definitely depends on each and every analogy, but in this specific case of the vile green lol I think that since you have to look at the walls you might as well just get over it because your going to have to face it everytime you look at the walls that they are indeed a horrific vile green of the worst nature. lol But when talking about "love" and even "God" for that matter I don't think it applies as well as you would like it too seeing that they are not constantly agitated by the sensory functions of our tangible bodies. Maybe the neurotransmitters are what is causing the feeling of Love but I don't know that and I dont like the idea of it. So im not going to take anyones word on it until I see real proof that it is really what is causing love. Cold hard Proof within my own perceived world. Yes. Indeed.

So if it suited your heart, you could make yourself choose to believe i'm a monkey?
    If it were to suite my heart, I believe it is indeed possible to coax myself into thinking your a funny looking monkey. lol jk
    There are moments when one feels free from one's own identification with human limitations and inadequacies. At such moments one imagines that one stands on some spot of a small planet, gazing in amazement at the cold yet profoundly moving beauty of the eternal, the unfathomable; life and death flow into one, and there is neither evolution nor destiny; only Being. - Albert Einstein

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast