+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Describe the "feeling"

Describe the "feeling"

Using everything you have learned and your entire brain bank of adjectives...describe love. Do not refer to bashing the opposing view, just describe love exactly how you feel it. Don't BS with that it is "un-describable" talk.

I'll go after a few people went first, I am curious what the experienced people think.
    [url=http://profile.xfire.com/love9sick][/url]

[url]http://www.myspace.com/83163164[/url]

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think love is what is left over after infatuation dies (if you are lucky). I don't think it is the same thing as the chemical attraction that precludes it.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I think love is so broad that it has many meanings and phases. In the romantic setting I think it still has many phases. From my experience, I have noticed about 3 phases so far in my life.

In the first one your attracted to the person and you got alot of chemicals flowing and your slightly delusional lol.

After around 2 years roughly (average), the chemicals die down and whats left is just a bond. This bond then breaks or strengthens. Over time it might die out which is what usually happens to the typical relationship. The couple may feel pressured to keep the fire lit or what not. Sometimes though you make it to stage three.

Stage three is in my opinion true love. When the flames die out and you both have come to terms with this and are happy to stay by your companions side through all of life.. the pressure is off somehow and your now in tune with your companion in a new way. Everything is just great.

Thats my thoughts.
    There are moments when one feels free from one's own identification with human limitations and inadequacies. At such moments one imagines that one stands on some spot of a small planet, gazing in amazement at the cold yet profoundly moving beauty of the eternal, the unfathomable; life and death flow into one, and there is neither evolution nor destiny; only Being. - Albert Einstein

love is a lot of things. it's wanting someone to thrive and be happy. it's being humble and understanding. it's giving in and showing who you really are. it's accepting things as they are and being honest. it's knowing that even after you're dead that love will still be there. you can extend it as far as you'd like.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

"Love" is nature's way of making sure we reproduce.

bullshit.
    ______

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Make him fall in love with you sombra, so he can see what he's been missing.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

he's already in love with me, he's just in denial right now.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think love is emptiness. The actual feelings which brought about the relationship, in my opinion, are long gone. They are instead replaced with a sense of obligation and guilt.
    Last edited by Gribble; 23-01-07 at 12:54 AM.

Its neat to see how all of our definitions of love differ so much. No wonder why so many people are victims of failed relationships and divorce. Were all on different pages!
    There are moments when one feels free from one's own identification with human limitations and inadequacies. At such moments one imagines that one stands on some spot of a small planet, gazing in amazement at the cold yet profoundly moving beauty of the eternal, the unfathomable; life and death flow into one, and there is neither evolution nor destiny; only Being. - Albert Einstein

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Meh, love is what gives me the desire to pay 200+ dollars to see a girl for a short 3 days. It's a completely inane desire to be with a girl who on a normal basis I would never have seen myself compatible with.

That's what love has been for me.

Insanity, irrationality.

Or at least, that's how it all seems to start.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegis View Post
    I don't love you!

I can definitely get off without love.

At least one of those is true.
    i think you're so full of shit aeg. it's okay though, i love you and that's all that matters.

It's family, in the most basic sense of the word. Your instinct is to protect yourself and do whatever is necessasry to ensure that you are safe, warm and don't starve to death. When that protective instinct expands to include another, that is family. That is love.
    Spammer Spanker

It's your face hurting because you're smiling so much for no apparent reason. It's feeling safe, and content in their arms. It's willing to do absolutely anything for them. It's them being the only person on the planet. It's a feeling of excitement, giddiness, safety, comfort all at the same moment. It's them being the most important person to you, and it's wanting nothing but happiness for them.
    I can't think of all the adjectives I want to use for this, but it's all of them mixed together somehow. When the one I love holds me, I feel like I'm flying through the sky, while at the same time sitting in front of a warm fire with a blanket and relaxing music, as well as the feeling that they mean the world.
    I know how cheesey that must sound, but it's exactly how I feel
    Last edited by tellherthis; 23-01-07 at 07:05 AM.

anachronistic Guest
    God damnit, you all sound like a bunch of robots with no soul.

love is how people reproduce.

Although this is really scientific, I think I smell some bullshit.

Some of us make it sound like we are just mindless animals... - and okay, a few of us are - but:

Love is something everybody feels, at one time or another, towards certain people and things, that make the the world a great place for them. Love is very persistent. It is a light at the end of a tunnel that pushes you to keep going. It is the force of inspiration.

And even though you said not to mention it, love really IS undescribable. And here's why. Everybody is different, with a different life. Love really differs from person to person, and there isn't much commonground for us to agree on. The people who do love eachother, tend to have the same aspects of love. You think I would want some girl who thinks love is just a sad excuse for reproduction? NO! I want a girl who thinks that love is all romantic and fuzzy and shit. Why? Because that's what I believe.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast