+ Follow This Topic

Thread: so he wants to meet the parents...

LostNotFound Guest

so he wants to meet the parents...

rigth so he wants to meet my parents (one at a time so they don't scare him away altogther) but they don't know he exists and they're not going to be to understanding about this. any ideas? thanks for the advice in the last post.

why don't they know, and why don't you want them to meet?

LostNotFound Guest
    i do want him to meet them, but i don't know if nows the rigth time. they don't know because we didnt tell them cause they wouldn't really approve. we are both in education/work. i'm so confused. hmm.

will there ever really be a right time?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think you have to decide whether you want to continue hiding him like a teenager would do, or act like a grown-up and introduce them. I don't know what you think the consequences would be if they don't like him, but parental disapproval doesn't usually kill anyone. The fact that your boyfriend wants to meet them should be considered a good thing (I assume you told him what to expect).
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    parental disapproval doesn't usually kill anyone.
    all this time, I thought...

LostNotFound Guest
    ok i haven't explaind this rigth. he knows what to expect and i am going to recieve the same hostile reply from his family but hmm..i've outlined the situation in the love stories section cause it is long. its sort of our story and we really need help cause we don't know who to ask/ what to do. vashti if u read it don't start going crazy on me. i know we're young.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Aww, jeez. Just give us the relevant info and don't make us work too hard for it.

How old are you both?
    Are you both financially independent?

What would THEY say is their objection to this relationship?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

LostNotFound Guest
    lol vashti i answered both ur questions in my story type thing. we're 19/20 and yes financialy dependent. i appreciate your advice quite a bit so could you read my story thingy?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You haven't said anything concrete about why exactly your families disapprove of each other (or if you did, I couldn't find it). Is this a matter of religion, race, money, or what?

Bottom line is I think you are pretty much stuck if you are financially dependent. You have no power. Once you can take care of yourself, you can do what you want - whether or not your families will be thrilled with your choices - and then they will have to come to terms with whatever decisions you make with your life. In the meantime, what reaction are you expecting from your parents? Are they going to kick you out, or are they just going to yell at you? What do you imagine is the worst-case scenario?
    Last edited by vashti; 28-01-07 at 04:24 AM.

he doesn't get to make the decision on when to meet your parents. you and your parents do that. tell him he needs to chill out.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

LostNotFound Guest
    um if we don't tel them and they find out from wherever else then they'll assume he's a complete f***er and takeaway any means of me contacting him ie. cell, computer. they'll go as far as not letting me go to work. and as for why they disaprove of us it's because they believe that we shouldn't have a sex outside marriage relationship (but we don't have a physical relationship..they won't believe it though so its quite stupid). financially i'm slightly better of than he is and this is not a problem to us, however when they find out about it it may become a problem and that is why we're both working now. erm so to conclude.. we'd rather they found out from us so at least we can have a go at trying to make this work..but we just don't know where to start.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Why don't you suggest the possibility of dating with a chaperone?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Why don't you suggest the possibility of dating with a chaperone?
    That is an AWESOME idea!
    Spammer Spanker