+ Follow This Topic

Thread: She gave me answer, but is it good or bad?

She gave me answer, but is it good or bad?

I have a very dull love life partly cause it never went anywhere. My last crush and I never got to go out because apparently I was "too late" to ask her out(Btw this is high school).
    After that I thought that it was pretty much hopeless.

During midway through school, a girl 2 years younger than me added me on her contact list. Apparently she knew me from basketball and we got to know each other. We started talking a lot and later I found out I had feelings for her. I decided not to make a move, and I later gave up for a couple of months.

But then one day, I knew I had to, I told her I really liked her and I asked her out. She said she would need some time to think, so already I thought I was being blown off, but later that day she said,

"I got an answer"
    "I want to take it slow, talk to you more often and we'll see what happens from there"

I reacted ok, but I had no idea what it meant, help plz?

damn I'm so lucky I never had to date. Makes me useless for this kind of advice though. It sounds okay to me, anyways. She doesn't want to rush into things, which is understandable since she's known you as a friend and not a romantic interest so far.
    Kudos to you for telling her, btw. too many people fester away at crushes and only come out when it's too late. And if you're that type of person, it takes a lot of courage to realise you just gotta tell her. That's a good step for you.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It means she wants to get to know you better, and she is not promising to be your girlfriend.

You say you "asked her out". What did you mean? Were you asking her on a date, or to be your girlfriend? So many high school kids are confused about the difference between casual dating and boyfriend/girlfriend. It is OKAY to date her casually while getting to know her. This means you go out on a date now and then without being boyfriend/girlfriend. It is also okay to date OTHER girls while getting to know her. Eventually if you like each other enough, you can progress to the boyfriend/girlfriend stage, and at that point it would not be appropriate to casually date other girls.

Just keep being nice, and ask her if she wants to catch a movie or basketball game sometime...
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

It sounds to me like she wants you to work for it. Pretty typical high school girl stuff. Give her more attention and look carefully to see if she's responding. If you start to feel like she's stringing you along, she probably is.
    Spammer Spanker

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If the girl is making me work THAT hard for it, I'm not biting.

Think three months down the road here. Is she going to end up being the kind of girlfriend you want? I doubt it.

I guess that she wants to make sure who's she dating. I think that there's nothing to freak about!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]