+ Follow This Topic

Thread: our story- and the age is not the issue here

LostNotFound Guest

Exclamation our story- and the age is not the issue here

ok so once upon a time boy met girl girl met boy they became friends. (both come from really strict families). both families sort of know that boy is close with girl and vice versa. both families are in denial about this friendship.

for the boy and girl eveyrthing was/is and hopefully will stay perfect.boy never really asked girl out it just happend and they became an inseperable item. been togther 2years and plan to get married as soon as ed/work is over. financially both will be unstable.

strict families have semi-forbade any further relationship than friendship and that is why boy + girl kept this a secret. but secret is becoming a burden. as both families think that boy and girl have sort of grown out of eachother. this is not the case.

boy does anything and everything for girl and girl is paranoid and pessimistic. (as you would have probably have gathered from my posts).

problem: how to get families to understand we are made for eachother and actaully be happy and let us get married?
    they are strict and we don't want to disapoint anyone but if it comes down to it boy has suggested to just leave (as in us togther).

up till now we have respected everything that we have been told to do/ not do. e.g we were 'forbidden' (so to speak to) do anything sexual and we are 19/20 been together 2 years and haven't even kissed.

rigth so thats are story and we have had the 'we are very young/ it's to soon for marriage' lecture but we really need help with the families. so ye..help please?

Rent Romeo and Juliet, watch it with your parents and ask them if they see any parallels.

They need to give you a little bit of latitude, here. If they don't want you running off and getting married behind their backs, maybe they should accept the boyfriend as a fact of life. Eventually, you're going to have to have some kind of confrontation with them about the fact that you're no longer a four-year-old. Apparently, they don't see this.
    Spammer Spanker

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by LostNotFound View Post
    ok so once upon a time boy met girl girl met boy they became friends. (both come from really strict families). both families sort of know that boy is close with girl and vice versa. both families are in denial about this friendship.

for the boy and girl eveyrthing was/is and hopefully will stay perfect.boy never really asked girl out it just happend and they became an inseperable item. been togther 2years and plan to get married as soon as ed/work is over. financially both will be unstable.

strict families have semi-forbade any further relationship than friendship and that is why boy + girl kept this a secret. but secret is becoming a burden. as both families think that boy and girl have sort of grown out of eachother. this is not the case.

boy does anything and everything for girl and girl is paranoid and pessimistic. (as you would have probably have gathered from my posts).

problem: how to get families to understand we are made for eachother and actaully be happy and let us get married?
    they are strict and we don't want to disapoint anyone but if it comes down to it boy has suggested to just leave (as in us togther).

up till now we have respected everything that we have been told to do/ not do. e.g we were 'forbidden' (so to speak to) do anything sexual and we are 19/20 been together 2 years and haven't even kissed.

rigth so thats are story and we have had the 'we are very young/ it's to soon for marriage' lecture but we really need help with the families. so ye..help please?
    If you are 19/20 and live in Amerika, you are considered an adult. You are free to make your own decisions, and your parents can't stop you. If they can't accept that you are in love, then it is their problem.

I am going through a similar situation right now, where the girls parents have forbade ANY contact with me. Imagine what I am going through. The sucky thing is that neither she or I are adults; I am 17 and she is 16.

LostNotFound Guest
    that's how old we were when 'the love bug' happend. you aren't alone.

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by LostNotFound View Post
    that's how old we were when 'the love bug' happend. you aren't alone.
    Actually when we fell in love, I was 16 and she was 14.