+ Follow This Topic

Thread: She Wants Me To Wait; 'till then, I need some advice...

She Wants Me To Wait; 'till then, I need some advice...

I am 14 years old, and I need a little advice:

Last night, I told this girl I liked her over the phone (she hinted at liking me the past week, so I took a chance). The same night(a few hours later) she told me she likes me; later, she said I was the first guy that liked her that didn't just like her for her looks (I don't, I like everything about her; the looks are a bonus). She also said she didn't want to date for just a little bit because she just got out of a relationship with, well, an immature prick (I know this guy, he is a complete stereotypical jock).

Today, my friends Sarah, her boyfriend Drew, Mario, Taylor(the one I like), and Lauren(Taylor's friend) went to see Epic Movie. We spent about 2 hours walking around the mall before we saw the movie though. At first it was really awkward between Taylor and I, but by the time we went to see the movie, we were sitting next to each other, laughing and making jokes.

I had a small hope that I would hold her hand, but a small part of me cautioned myself out of it because she didn't want to date at the moment. We still had fun, I bought her a soda, we hung out and talked(nervous energy was still there), but overall I had a good time, and I am carefully optimistic about the future.

I need advice on how to tell when the "right time" is to ask her out. I don't want to ask too early, and have her think I am impatient, but at the same time, too late will make her think I am stupid when it comes to understanding how she feels. Any and all advice is appreciated.
    Last edited by ConfusedCartman; 28-01-07 at 11:57 AM.

What a sweet story, and you know why? Because you took a chance. How refreshing! I wish you all the luck with Taylor.

I think you should hang out with her no more than once again before asking her out. Any more than that and you'll be heading into the dreaded Friend Zone.

Next time you hang out with her, tell her (towards the end, with a confident smile), "You know, Taylor, I'm going to ask you out now. You can turn me down, but I'll only ask again. I'll keep asking until you say yes. You don't want me to become a pain in the ass, do you? Then I guess you should probably just say yes now."
    Spammer Spanker

I can do that. We talk for at least an hour every night on the phone; if I don't call her, she'll call me. I'll ask her to do something this weekend. She said she wanted to see that "Blood and Chocolate" movie, so I'll take her to see that.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Oh my god, Giga; I swear I've used lines just like that before. I can attest to their effectiveness. Girls almost always say yes when you inject a little humor into your request.

Quote Originally Posted by ConfusedCartman View Post
    she just got out of a relationship with, well, an immature prick (I know this guy, he is a complete stereotypical jock).
    I don't like this girl already.
    [url=http://profile.xfire.com/love9sick][/url]

[url]http://www.myspace.com/83163164[/url]