+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Are Men Romantic?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Ture, if one considers the need for romance to be a *positive* quality.

Anyway, I have long felt men were at least as "romantic" as teenage girls, and I think the girls tend to outgrow simple definitions of romance that men continue to cling to (such as roses and candlelit dinners).
    What is wrong with that? I think part of the reason why you think this Vashti is that for most men, even me, that is pretty much what we know romantically for the most part. As it is the most oblivious to us and emotionally it works out as well as men tend not to express their emotions, if they have any.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Flowers and candles are *nice*, but not romantic. Genuine romance requires more thought. You can light candles or give flowers to *anyone*, whether you love them or not, but genuine romance is tailored to what an individual would value.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    but genuine romance is tailored to what an individual would value.
    Which is why you can't come up with a specific and concrete example of men's example of romance.

I believe we're a lot more romantic than you give us credit for.

Come on, you act as if we're unaware of anything beyond candles and flowers.

Why else do you think so many guys comin' on here looking for ideas to woo their lady friends?

Flowers and candles are *nice*, but not romantic. Genuine romance requires more thought. You can light candles or give flowers to *anyone*, whether you love them or not, but genuine romance is tailored to what an individual would value.
    Vashti getting a bit materialistic there? Wouldn't being romantic also include the delivery and the way the guy went about it? Because if a girl valued something and just giving her it would be considered romantic then why are guys doing more than just giving the item to the girl straight up?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I didn't say that it should have *monetary* value - true romance is of high *emotional* value. Example - the most romantic thing my husband ever did for me was to make me breakfast under a broken umbrealla in the rain while he let me stay inside a warm, dry tent.

Frasbee - I already agreed that adult men seem to be much more inclined to being labelled "romantic" than women. I think the reason is that what women define as "romantic" evolves over time.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Frasbee - I already agreed that adult men seem to be much more inclined to being labelled "romantic" than women. I think the reason is that what women define as "romantic" evolves over time.
    I think what women (and men) may define as romance, evolves with the relationship.

Buying a hallmark card and some roses may not be the most ideal gift for a couple who has been married or dating for a long period of time.

However, for people that are just getting to know each other, or for males who are pursuing someone new, gifts like that are quite appropriate. I would say they are more symbolic than anything else.

I had a meeting this morning with my ex-husband to discuss changes to our parenting plan. It was really stressful and tiresome. My boyfriend wrote me a fantastic supportive e-mail at exactly the time of the meeting so I'd have it when I got back to my office and would know that he had been thinking about me when I was in the midst of turmoil.

I find that to be really romantic.
    Spammer Spanker

anachronistic Guest
    Hey, I wish women were a little romantic. No girl has even lit candles or has given flowers to me...

Vashti, please share with us some romantic things you have done for your husband and/or other men.

"WE MEN DON'T NEED TO BE ROMANTIC! WE CAN DO WHATEVER WE WANT!"

which the angry wife replies

"I WOULDNT BE TALKING! IM NOT THE ONE WITH THE CHILD SIZED ****! I'LL BEAT YOU SO BAD THAT YO MAMA FEELS THE PAIN!"

to which the husband replies

"Did i ever tell you i loved you?"

um, yup that just about covers it rite thar...

then again, there are the types of men, (like me, but i really dont mean to brag) who actualy understand women in ways a person with an ego cant.

and we call those men

metro sexual.

please dont down me on this one.
    and listen, if you have anything against my beliefs just pm me...mmk?
    cause i dont really care enough anymore to respond in a thread...

-koolwhip

Quote Originally Posted by koolwhip View Post
    "WE MEN DON'T NEED TO BE ROMANTIC! WE CAN DO WHATEVER WE WANT!"

which the angry wife replies

"I WOULDNT BE TALKING! IM NOT THE ONE WITH THE CHILD SIZED ****! I'LL BEAT YOU SO BAD THAT YO MAMA FEELS THE PAIN!"

to which the husband replies

"Did i ever tell you i loved you?"

um, yup that just about covers it rite thar...

then again, there are the types of men, (like me, but i really dont mean to brag) who actualy understand women in ways a person with an ego cant.

and we call those men

homo sexual.

please dont down me on this one.
    I fixed your post.
    Live together. Die alone - [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvi_RCM3FAM[/url]

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by koolwhip View Post
    Is this the new trend?

What's with all these dudes coming here claiming they understand women unlike the "typical" guy?

Do they really think they're so special? Some God's gift?

Get over yourselves.

You can't compare to a guy like me.

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    Is this the new trend?

What's with all these dudes coming here claiming they understand women unlike the "typical" guy?

Do they really think they're so special? Some God's gift?

Get over yourselves.

You can't compare to a guy like me.
    That is exactly what it is. It seems that the male gender has somewhat strayed away from the masculine, macho man type figure and moved onto the whole, I like to wear eyeliner and shave my chest hair type of figure. Men are becoming increasingly feminine these days. Sporting pink items of clothing and claiming to be womens best friend. Just a bunch of closet fags.
    Live together. Die alone - [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvi_RCM3FAM[/url]

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by lilwing View Post
    Hey, I wish women were a little romantic. No girl has even lit candles or has given flowers to me...

Vashti, please share with us some romantic things you have done for your husband and/or other men.

I am not the romantic half - my husband is. I do nice things for him all the time, but I don't guess I would label them "romantic" (although one time I went into his office and plastered it with Valentines while he was out... he was mortified).

Quote Originally Posted by Eurasian View Post
    That is exactly what it is. It seems that the male gender has somewhat strayed away from the masculine, macho man type figure and moved onto the whole, I like to wear eyeliner and shave my chest hair type of figure. Men are becoming increasingly feminine these days. Sporting pink items of clothing and claiming to be womens best friend. Just a bunch of closet fags.
    YUP!
    thats it!
    and listen, if you have anything against my beliefs just pm me...mmk?
    cause i dont really care enough anymore to respond in a thread...

-koolwhip

Quote Originally Posted by lilwing View Post

I wouldn't have thought men would appreciate flowers or candles. I've given my SO a half-heart keychain and I have the other half. I also made a timeline thing with photos of each visit, and stuff like plane tickets, gifts, etc. He hasn't seen that yet though

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast