+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Are Men Romantic?

Quote Originally Posted by Eurasian View Post
    That is exactly what it is. It seems that the male gender has somewhat strayed away from the masculine, macho man type figure and moved onto the whole, I like to wear eyeliner and shave my chest hair type of figure. Men are becoming increasingly feminine these days. Sporting pink items of clothing and claiming to be womens best friend. Just a bunch of closet fags.
    You forgot that they drive VW Bugs and Jettas

Quote Originally Posted by jurupa View Post
    You forgot that they drive VW Bugs and Jettas
    Those dudes are just f*cking gay.
    [url=http://profile.xfire.com/love9sick][/url]

[url]http://www.myspace.com/83163164[/url]

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiay View Post
    I wouldn't have thought men would appreciate flowers or candles. I've given my SO a half-heart keychain and I have the other half. I also made a timeline thing with photos of each visit, and stuff like plane tickets, gifts, etc. He hasn't seen that yet though
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    (although one time I went into his office and plastered it with Valentines while he was out... he was mortified).
    Those are all things that I would appreciate! You both are wonderful SO's to your lovers.

The most recent thing I have done, is make a book with pictures, and things like the movie ticket from our first date, and songs and poems and letters that I have written to her. She had no idea I kept all that, I gave it to her for Christmas..

... and she has kept every rose I ever gave her.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    I had a meeting this morning with my ex-husband to discuss changes to our parenting plan. It was really stressful and tiresome. My boyfriend wrote me a fantastic supportive e-mail at exactly the time of the meeting so I'd have it when I got back to my office and would know that he had been thinking about me when I was in the midst of turmoil.

I find that to be really romantic.
    aw, giga's head over heels (:
    I know what you mean, I can get my email on my phone so I love getting little thoughtful mails from him, especially in situations where it's just so touching to know that he was thinking of me.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I laid in my room for 2 hours writing her non-sensicals on a yellow piece of construction paper.

All I want is to lay with her, I don't need sleep, I don't need food.

Such inane thoughts feel like the most logical ideas ever conceived.

If it's all in my head, why do I feel it all in my chest?

Ooo, it isn't all in your head, though. Your brain is pumping chemicals into your bloodstream that are making you loopy. Isn't it cool?

My bf called me this morning at 6:45 (5:45 his time) because he'd been up for three hours, thinking. It was really sweet to hear his voice first thing in the morning, and he was thinking sweet things, too.

I think you should call her sometime when she's totally not expecting it and just tell her you're thinking about her.
    Spammer Spanker

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Ooo, it isn't all in your head, though. Your brain is pumping chemicals into your bloodstream that are making you loopy. Isn't it cool?
    My brain is a dick.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    I laid in my room for 2 hours writing her non-sensicals on a yellow piece of construction paper.

All I want is to lay with her, I don't need sleep, I don't need food.

Such inane thoughts feel like the most logical ideas ever conceived.

If it's all in my head, why do I feel it all in my chest?
    Fras, I think every female in the world wants a man to feel this way about her. Your lucky girl ALSO has one who knows how to verbalize it.

::jealous::
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Fras, I think every female in the world wants a man to feel this way about her. Your lucky girl ALSO has one who knows how to verbalize it.

::jealous::
    Yeah, I guess I haven't updated you guys at all lately.

Things have been going well between us, considering it's an LDR.

Back in November, when things changed for the better, she kept promising me she'd get better at talking on the phone, and sending me letters.

I didn't really expect results, y'know, easier said than done.

But the phone conversations have been great, and just last week, I woke up to find a letter from her sitting on my desk. That's awesome to wake up to. She's also starting to speak more freely of her feelings towards me and the relationship, something she was very hesitant to do before.

I love it.

I think I'll send her that piece of yellow construction paper...I was gonna send her a letter, but, this'll be different, and I feel like it expresses a lot more than words alone.

I'm also looking to go back down over Easter.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Oh god... I ought to scan the nonsense I scribbled in my notebook a month back while I was waiting for class. I was writing silly stuff about the girl I have back home and what exactly I wanted to do to/with her. Another girl walked by as I was writing, her ass sort of jiggling in that wonderful way, and I stopped mid-sentence and immediately started writing about how incredibly hot that girl was and how much I wanted to jump her bones.

I'm the anti-Fras.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    Oh god... I ought to scan the nonsense I scribbled in my notebook a month back while I was waiting for class. I was writing silly stuff about the girl I have back home and what exactly I wanted to do to/with her. Another girl walked by as I was writing, her ass sort of jiggling in that wonderful way, and I stopped mid-sentence and immediately started writing about how incredibly hot that girl was and how much I wanted to jump her bones.

I'm the anti-Fras.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123