+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What does real love feel like?

What does real love feel like?

I'm confused about how I feel about a girl. First for a little background information, I've always been good at letting people go. I've known girls that I've REALLY liked who I either couldn't be with for one reason or another (they were already taken, didn't like me back, or a friend liked them) or I was with for a while in one form or another and we just stopped seeing each other. Every time I was fine after a few days to a week and completely over it. I've even had to tell one of my parents face to face that I didn't want to live with them any more (custody dispute). Of course I was sad, but after a short period of time I was back on my feet and feeling fine.

Then I met a girl (mentioned earlier), and we kissed and made out a couple times. We also usually talked to each other at least once a day, and she was one of the few girls that I just genuinely enjoyed talking to on the phone (I'm usually pretty short on the phone) and concerned about how her day went. There was also all kinds of complicated stuff going on at the same time, which I've always completed avoided, but this time I just didn't care. Sometimes I wondered how I felt about her, if I just really liked her a lot or if it was something more, and I would always just tell myself that I wasn't sure yet and that I couldn't tell from just a few months. About a month ago she finally said that we couldn't see each other any more (reason and situation mentioned earlier).

I have a couple classes with her so I still see her once or twice a week, but we've just said hi and that's it, just like nothing ever happened. I haven't hung out with her or anything for a month now, and still nothing has changed. I still think about her all the time, I'm still sad whenever I think about it, and I still feel just as strongly for her as I did before.

When I talked with her, it would always make me feel better and kind of relaxed. When I held her or we kissed I felt entirely content and complete, and anything else that was on my mind just went away and I was only thinking about her. I've never felt like that when I was with other girls, and this is the first time I've had any kind of trouble letting go.

So my question is, was this love I was feeling or just something else?

-Crispy

So many kinds of love, Crispy. I don't think it was blow your mind, rock your world love, but it was love.

Just because it's best you've ever had doesn't mean it's the best you'll ever have. At least you know it's possible- maybe if she's let it progress, it could have turned into LOVE. Another time.
    Spammer Spanker

I dunno, we both told each other EVERYTHING. We knew things about each other that even our best friends didn't know. We were extremely compatible and thought almost exactly alike, and we could both just sense exactly what the other was feeling or thinking if that makes any sense.

The whole thing is just confusing me because I always kept telling myself that that's not what it was and I couldn't know that, but in my subconscious I kind of knew that's what it was.

What does LOVE feel like?

-Crispy

You know those stop-action films of seedlings growing really fast toward the sun?

That's what it feels like to me.
    Spammer Spanker

yea, I get the time distortion sensation as well

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Love feels like happy.

?

I dunno, whatever the **** you want it to feel like.

Hell, it could feel like pain too.

It feels like happy....lol....Fras...I swear man..sometimes you can be funny...but only sometimes so don't let it go to your head.

Anyways, if I had to generalize love then I would say that physically it is wanting one person more then anyone else. There is alot of emotional things that go on with that and stereotypes of different kinds of love but I don't give two shits to go into it again for the 20th thousand time.

Look up "limerence" cripy12 ...that is my personal favorite decription of love.
    Last edited by The Great OV!!!; 18-02-07 at 01:31 AM.
    [url=http://profile.xfire.com/love9sick][/url]

[url]http://www.myspace.com/83163164[/url]

LostNotFound Guest
    total cliche but hey..it feels like you can't live without them

It feels as if time stops
    It feels as if nothing else matters
    It feels as if you're willing to die for him
    It feels as if there's an earthquake
    It feels as if you're struck by lightning
    It feels as if the puzzle is complete
    It feels as though for a moment you both are the only ones on the planet
    You would do anything to make him happy even if that makes you unhappy
    No matter how angry you are at him you can't help but forgive him.
    You're heart goes off like a school bell.
    You're happy and yet you're afraid you're never gonna feel like this again for the rest of your life.

At least that's what real love feels like to me.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    In the end, if you haven't loved, I say good for you.

It's better never to have loved and lost.

Because who wants to lose something?

Nobody.

agreed...

there is the "love" as in "I LOVE THIS BAND".
    there is the "love" that exists in friendship.
    and sooooo many others.

but this "love". the "love" we are all talking about. is just, unexplained. love is what you make it and it will always be like that. never defined.

other than that, you know that feeling you get when you feel your arteries clogging up?
    You know that feeling you get, the one where you are almost choking, you wanna pee yourself?
    and the feeling that you get when youve just done something really awesome for someone but nobody else knows about it but you wanna keep it that way?
    and listen, if you have anything against my beliefs just pm me...mmk?
    cause i dont really care enough anymore to respond in a thread...

-koolwhip

ok maybe not the arteries one but you get my drift...
    and listen, if you have anything against my beliefs just pm me...mmk?
    cause i dont really care enough anymore to respond in a thread...

-koolwhip