+ Follow This Topic

Thread: This Narcissism Thing...

This Narcissism Thing...

Keeping it simple.

My online persona is becoming who I am in real life and who I am in real life is becoming my online persona. In other words, the roles are being reversed. It's slow but it's happening.

I have no idea why; I just know that I need to change this immediately before I hurt someone again.

Suggestions please.

Uh the only thing I can say is do things that you where doing before the change to change back. Behavior for the most part can be learned and relearned. But it takes time to learn behavior that was unlearned.

Yeah, this is affecting my relationships. From the ages of 11-15, I had a girlfriend, except for 3 days. Three. I seriously had my shit together.

3:52 AM

I decided I'm just going to drop her. I still need to fix this egotism. Somebody make me waffles.

Z - I really don't know why your getting so uptight about this really. Like Vashti said your going thru the development process that will basically set you off for life. But you also never stop developmenting in life as you are always changing as a person.

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dono View Post
    Keeping it simple.

My online persona is becoming who I am in real life and who I am in real life is becoming my online persona. In other words, the roles are being reversed. It's slow but it's happening.

I have no idea why; I just know that I need to change this immediately before I hurt someone again.

Suggestions please.
    Since I don't know you in person, I find it hard to believe you give a flying ****.

How about you just be yourself both places? If you can't, see a counselor; multiple personalities can become a personality disturbance.

Are you going to get banned IRL?
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by lilwing View Post
    Since I don't know you in person, I find it hard to believe you give a flying ****.

How about you just be yourself both places? If you can't, see a counselor; multiple personalities can become a personality disturbance.
    No, I really do care. I could be myself in both places, I just enjoy taking out all of my frustrations and whatnot online so that it eliminates the need to do it in real life. It's been working pretty well so far...sort've...recently went to shit. See above.

Quote Originally Posted by jurupa View Post
    Z - I really don't know why your getting so uptight about this really. Like Vashti said your going thru the development process that will basically set you off for life. But you also never stop developmenting in life as you are always changing as a person.
    You'll have to excuse my lack of intellect, but I have no idea what "developmenting" is. Neither did Webster. :[

Assuming, however, you're referring to development, I guess I am always going to be changing, but this is a change that I specifically do NOT want and that I need to put a stop to. I gotta throw my ego into a cage because it causes chaos in the city, know what I mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Are you going to get banned IRL?
    Die.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Hey, bratty boy...
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Hey, bratty boy...
    Whatever. You know, I was doing a really good job of NOT remembering the fact that you wonderful (-.-) people are all grouped together and networked through someone who probably can't even speak his own language properly and sits with his thumbs (both of them) up his ass trying to make Goatse (check Google images) images because he's too much of an intellect-lacking cock to actually do anything constructive with his excessive amount of time...and then Giga had to remind me.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    pull the plug on the computer for a few days and you'll see another problem.

withdrawls....

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Quote Originally Posted by dono View Post
    Assuming, however, you're referring to development, I guess I am always going to be changing, but this is a change that I specifically do NOT want and that I need to put a stop to. I gotta throw my ego into a cage because it causes chaos in the city, know what I mean?
    There will be changes you will go thru in life that you do not want but you have to go thru them. That is just life. But you said that you take out your anger online. Instead of doing that maybe you can get a punching bag and punch it for a while to release the anger or go for a run. Basically channel the anger out of you as it seems for now the channel you use to use (ie the net) has run its course. And trust me when it comes to anger management I had a history of it. I learned to deal with it and now I barely get mad any more. As I usually channel my anger into happinesses if that makes any sense.

Why beat around the bush people? Your problem is you spend your life on your computer. Get off your ass and hit the gym. Join a boxing club. Take up Tai kwon do. Do something more physically challenging than twiddling your fingers on Unreal. Change your eating habits. Eat healthy. Just by changing what you eat can have a HUGE effect on your behavior. You become more energetic and more pumped up to do things. But most importantly, you get great sleep. I bet when you wake up in the morning you still feel like horse shit.

As you can see, all these things are just contributory factors to why you act the way you do. Spend less time on the computer and a little more time outside. It will do you a world of good. Believe me.

EDIT: I apologise if my post don't make much sense. I'm still shitfaced abit from the night before. The club was ****ing heavy and in 3 hours I gotta' hit the gym. Gotta' love my life.
    Last edited by Kiechi; 16-02-07 at 06:58 PM.
    Live together. Die alone - [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvi_RCM3FAM[/url]

I've actually gone two months without the computer because mine broke down. It took two months for all of the new parts to come in because one of them lit on fire and I had to send it back. I was fine because I just did homework and went to bed.

After a bit of research, I'm pretty sure I have a mild case of social anxiety. I e-mailed my therapist.