+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How to overcome this?

How to overcome this?

Hi, have you guys ever been in the situation where you have been in love and in a relationship for sometime with a girl and suddenly one day u wake up, u find that u dont love her that much that day?

Suddenly she dont look so beautiful, suddenly you dont crave for her company so much, and what was so special about her before dont seem so special anymore.

But i know deep down inside that i still love her alot, just not now, and in fact i'd rather be alone for a few days?

I've heard friends saying that relationship gets dull, and falls into a certain routine after sometime, esp if both are working, and that it reaches a state where everything is more of a habit than anything else.

Have you all been through this before? How to get the feeling back? The feeling that i'm so lucky that i'm with her.

I think it is just a phase. You'll be all for her again, if not...then oh well...your choice of what to do next.
    Last edited by The Great OV!!!; 16-02-07 at 01:19 PM.
    [url=http://profile.xfire.com/love9sick][/url]

[url]http://www.myspace.com/83163164[/url]

yea everyone goes through that at one point or another,dont worry about it.

Would you rather be alone?
    "So tonight, when you're wondering what to say, or how you look, or whether or not she likes you, just remember, she is already out with you. That means she said yes when she could have said no. That means she made a plan when she could have just blown you off. So that means it is no longer your job to try to make her like you. It is your job not to mess it up."

-Hitch

Are you addicted to the honymoon phase?
    Spammer Spanker

to tell you the truth, i envy you. I actually want this to happen. She is hot, shes a good girl, intelligent, clever.

and we are just really good friends, but shes moving and i will really miss her company....

yeah...im gonna go get a bucket of icecream and cry myself to sleep...single tear.
    and listen, if you have anything against my beliefs just pm me...mmk?
    cause i dont really care enough anymore to respond in a thread...

-koolwhip

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Try breaking up with her.

You'll be wantin' her real bad after that.

Like mentioned before I say it's a phase, give it time. I've had these a few times in my current relationship. But I've found myself coming back. I think in my case it had to do with stress and hormones...

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I don't know that you will be able to regain that same "spark". It is normal for it to diminish over time. Hopefully, most people will have evolved to another type of love by the time it happens.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

never been in love or anything of the sort, but common sense (and your post) tells me maybe you have spend too much time together, its human nature some of us like routine while other like change or at least dont like a constant routine, why dont you tell her? (how you would phrase it, i have no idea - from experience females tend to overreact), just dont see her for a couple of days? if you still think the same way, the logical thing to do is to break it off

another thing is, no one is going to be "beautiful" all the time or you cant crave them all the time, have to be realistic mate and stop sounding like a sap

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    Try breaking up with her.

You'll be wantin' her real bad after that.
    God! this is the really a bad idea!

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I don't know that you will be able to regain that same "spark". It is normal for it to diminish over time. Hopefully, most people will have evolved to another type of love by the time it happens.
    This I totally agree. Initially the love is in the honeymoon period where both parties are satisfying each other's needs. But when you find that the honeymoon period is over and commitment sets in, and if you can communicate your expectations, that is the long term love we are all looking for.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by auntlmour View Post
    God! this is the really a bad idea!
    Thank you...because I really needed you to point that out.