+ Follow This Topic

Thread: He says he doesn't love me anymore...

He says he doesn't love me anymore...

Hi, I would greatly appreciate someone else's opinion of my situation.
    I have been with my partner for a total of 9 years the first 5 were great and we had a son together and everything turned sour. ( not blaming my son in anyway) I began to withdraw from my partner gradually over the next 3 years no sex, no kissing and generally no affection at all. He struggled with that big time but not once did he confront me about it. I suffered in silence too thinking if he had a problem with any of it he would tell me.
    Then one day it all fell apart as I found out he had ran into an old girlfriend while on a trip away and began a sort of emotional affair with her. unloading all his problems on her and of course she told him what he wanted to hear as she was going through a divorce at the same time.
    I confronted him with the evidence and he told me he had been out of love with me for sometime and he thought he would like to move on.
    I went and got counselling as i was surprisingly shook up about it. i then found out the contraception i was using had been sending me crazy for those 3 years. (it was an implant and once it was removed i was a different person)
    He began to realize that i was a completely different person without the implant and told me he would give it another try as family was very important to him. he is not a talker and to get anything out of him is like getting blood from a stone, which is another issue.
    So... that was 9 months ago and of course i am pregnant and things are on the downhill slide. he constantly tells me that he is not in love with me but he is trying and that he is 70% out the door. It seems he just cannot get past the way i treated him for those 3 years, plus he has been in constant contact with the old girlfriend all this time but denies that anything is going on. Little does he know I check his sms messages and they are very lovey towards her... calls her sweetie and loves hearing her voice when he has had a bad day!!!!
    So what the hell am I doing here????? I have no idea i just cannot let him go....maybe because of the new baby which is due in about 5 weeks? do I need to just cut the ties now? Am i hanging on too needy? There is only so many times I can be told i am not loved....
    please help.
    thankyou

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yikes! Don't do anything until after you have had this baby. You are in no position to make any plans for now. Will your family be a good source of support for you should you decide to leave him?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I live at least 12 hours drive from my family, besides friends who are a great help, i have no one. I would be on my own but he says he would love to be great friends if he cannot stick around (ha!) and would always be there if i needed him for the kids!

If the implants were wreaking havoc on you, imagine what the pregnancy hormones are doing.

Get yourselves into relationship counseling fast.
    Spammer Spanker