+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I ask about other person?

Should I ask about other person?

I need some advice about a guy. Kind of a long story...

Dominic and I have been talking a lot since about late November and he recently told me that he'd like to officially date me. We haven't really had a chance to get to talk one on one for an extended period of time, so I've kind of put it off. My reasoning is that I rushed into a relationship before and it only gave me hell (I'm not bitter or anything because I've learned from those mistakes).

Anyway, he's also a writer and recently, spur of the moment, he lent me his notebook which had poetry (which was awesome!) and some class journals in it. Journals were first half and poems were the other half. I didn't intend to read the journals but I read the one on the cover because of its drawings and thought it was really funny because of how sarcastic and off topic it was (topics were assigned). I kept reading and eventually read some entries on daily occurrences. I was mentioned a couple of times with stuff like 'i hope we can hang out and get to know her better'. After that there were also other entries about a girl, Jaime, that he hadn't seen in 6 months. He kept mentioning the both of us a lot more. On things like a topic on trust, he said she was one of two people that are the only ones he trusts. He also wrote that he loves her for how she treated him and how perfect she is but hates her for what's happened in the past 8 months. His last entry about her said that it was the first time he got to see her in 8 months (late January) and that she 'looked nice and was really glad he got to see her'. At the end of the entry he said that even after all this time he'd rather be with me. He also wrote that all of that makes him feel not happy but not sad even though he should be happy.

I don't know what to think or say about it since I feel like I shouldn't have read them in the first place (he did say they were journal entries but didn't say not to read them). Should I ask him about it or just continue like I didn't read it? I don't want to get into a relationship with him if he's in love with someone else. I'd rather he try to get back with her if that's what would make him happy. As a side note, I'm not angry or jealous because we haven't actually been officially dating. It's just a 'this sucks' feeling.

So, any advice?

Thanks,
    Liz

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm not sure why he'd lend you something like that if he didn't want you to read it.

I also don't know why he'd lend you it knowing you'd probably read it, with content like that either.

See what happens when you go nosin' through somethin' like that?