+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: whats the best way to win a guy back

You sound like you are on the right path in easing up on the alcohol and seeking counseling. Unfortunately, that might not be enough to bring this guy back.

I agree with the others that you have got some growing up to do, and I get the impression from your last post that this guy is in the same situation. But like Vashti said, your focus should be on your daughter. She could find herself short not only a father-figure, but a mother-figure as well if you fall down an emotional well over this event.

Pull yourself back to your feet, dust your shoulders off, and get to living again. If this guy grows a little more mature and sees that you can function without the "needy behavior" you mentioned, perhaps he'll come back around. If not, you'll still have you and your girl.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by lookin4answers View Post
    but becuase he knew he may not like what i was going to say he kept turning up the car stereo to drown me out. i feel he did overreact a little. he coulda just said "im really not in the mood to talk about this today, can we talk anoter time" but he didnt .. he immediatly got the arse n then started turning the stereo up.... it was then that it escalated as i kept trying to turn the stero back down and pleadin with him to let me jsut finish what i was saying and understand me... it wsa then that he flipped.
    Notice your tendency to put so much blame on him. He didn't listen to you. He flipped out. He overreacted. He didn't care to hear what I wanted to say.

Did he have to say he didn't want to talk to you? What part of him driving away and turning up the stereo didn't you understand?

Why don't you take some responsibility and fess up to the fact that you're just as immature and dramatic as him? Because if you did, you would be that much more mature than he.

In any case, the only reason why you are exactly what I mentioned above is because you're too dumb, blind, and stubborn to accept and change it.

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    Notice your tendency to put so much blame on him. He didn't listen to you. He flipped out. He overreacted. He didn't care to hear what I wanted to say.

Did he have to say he didn't want to talk to you? What part of him driving away and turning up the stereo didn't you understand?

Why don't you take some responsibility and fess up to the fact that you're just as immature and dramatic as him? Because if you did, you would be that much more mature than he.

In any case, the only reason why you are exactly what I mentioned above is because you're too dumb, blind, and stubborn to accept and change it.
    With my current situation, in the past, I often found the female party often looking for a blame, while I looked for a cure.

Let us stop beating on her and her previous actions. Help her to get back with this guy. Honestly, I don't think he is going to take you back...all you can do is be sorry and ask him to come back but you can't stalk and follow him around...if he wants it to be over then sorry...it is over.
    [url=http://profile.xfire.com/love9sick][/url]

[url]http://www.myspace.com/83163164[/url]

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by The Great OV!!! View Post
    Let us stop beating on her and her previous actions. Help her to get back with this guy. Honestly, I don't think he is going to take you back...all you can do is be sorry and ask him to come back but you can't stalk and follow him around...if he wants it to be over then sorry...it is over.
    That's just it, she's part of her own problem.

They don't just have an outside issue, the issue is themselves.

Even if they do get back together, things aren't going to change if they don't step up, accept responsibility and initiate change in themselves.

LostNotFound Guest
    [QUOTE=The Great OV!!!;255257]WTF!

and...what the hell is a row? besides like row of people for example.
    QUOTE]

its not pronounced row its pronouced r-o-w..hmm im guessing that didn't help. it means arguement.

Quote Originally Posted by LostNotFound View Post
    its not pronounced row its pronouced r-o-w..hmm im guessing that didn't help. it means arguement.
    I never heard of this, is this some kind of European thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    That's just it, she's part of her own problem.

They don't just have an outside issue, the issue is themselves.

Even if they do get back together, things aren't going to change if they don't step up, accept responsibility and initiate change in themselves.
    I agree, but what she is worried about right NOW is that there is no "them". lol
    [url=http://profile.xfire.com/love9sick][/url]

[url]http://www.myspace.com/83163164[/url]

To attempt to answer the original question. I would say to make yourself look like your going someplace in life (have some goals in mind like carreer options, going to university etc). If you appear too needy (like wanting him to father your kid) its alot of burden on his shoulder. Dont act erratic and obsessive around him. Dont continue to force issues on him (some sensitivity to his mood and needs ma be required here). Give him some breathing space. Talk when both of you are calm and in better mood.
    Last edited by Henry123; 24-02-07 at 04:17 AM.
    I want a girl who likes to talk. ......I just dont know what to say sometimes and would rather just listen.

Well, you're off in the right direction by not contacting him. Whether you get him back or not, this is the right thing to do. Do not ever let yourself pull a scene like that again. If someone wants to go, let him go. Let him go so he can come back. Next time you jump in front of someone's car, he might just run you over. (What the hell were you thinking?)

Anyway, sorry it sucks.
    Spammer Spanker

Let it go. Move on.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12