+ Follow This Topic

Thread: difference between love and other things

anachronistic Guest

difference between love and other things

I know my own feelings. I know when I feel love, when I feel infatuation, happy, sad, anger, all that.

I know that I love that girl who I have been posting about all these years. Through anything.

What I don't know is how to tell whether someone loves me, or feels infatuation, or whatever else.

To be more specific, I feel like this girl doesn't love me. Hell, should I tell her that? The reason why is because this mess we're in, where her parents won't allow us to talk to eachother, and she is afraid to get grounded, so she doesn't risk certain things that I am willing to risk.

Despite what she tells me (1 that she doesn't want to get grounded and all, and 2 she would have fewer chances to talk to me) I feel like she doesn't love me because of this. She says she loves me, but actions speak louder than words.

Also, if we broke up, I want her to know that I still love her and I always will, but I don't know how to prove it to her.

It's true. "I don't wanna because I will get grounded" does sound like a lame excuse. I don't know if I am the right person to destinguish love from infatuation (as everyone probably already knows to death) but the girl I like....well...I would probably crawl through a mine field and jump over barbed wire to see her...let alone risk getting grounded.
    [url=http://profile.xfire.com/love9sick][/url]

[url]http://www.myspace.com/83163164[/url]

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by The Great OV!!! View Post
    It's true. "I don't wanna because I will get grounded" does sound like a lame excuse. I don't know if I am the right person to destinguish love from infatuation (as everyone probably already knows to death) but the girl I like....well...I would probably crawl through a mine field and jump over barbed wire to see her...let alone risk getting grounded.
    Yes, and that's how I feel towards her.

It makes me want to jump on a mine and get tangled in barb wire.

There are some girls who take the passive, fairy-tale-damsel-in-distress-stuck-in-a-tower type of position in situations like this. However, you know your girl best and I think you have to go with your own feelings and observations on this one.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by lilwing View Post
    but actions speak louder than words.
    Yes, they do, and what are her actions telling you?

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    Yes, they do, and what are her actions telling you?
    Her actions tell me that she would like to be with me but doesn't love me enough to try.

Girls are often hesitant and insecure. And yea, they don't really know what they want...

LostNotFound Guest
    if she does whatever you want her to do and gets grounded you're back in the same situation where you can't be togther?
    im in 2minds cause i think she could take a little risk to show you she cares. i think tell her how you feel.

Adolescent relationships are often quite trivial. Even mature relationships of adults are sometimes quite trivial but not as perplexing as those of the adolescent minds.

I caution you then to not take this relationship too serious. If parents are involved in such a prevalent way then you should not reward someone with all contents of your heart. Their appreciation will not be wholehearted as it is always contingent upon the decision and reasoning of their parents. Serious consideration of the person should only be taken when they are ready to leave out into the free world and are no longer held back from restraints of home.

Years from now you will probably look lightly of this relationship. I almost assure you of this. I understand that you cannot foresee that right now but as you grow and mature you will probably think nothing of these times. As for now I suggest you take up time in other hobbies and activities and be patient for true love, as when it comes it will be reciprocated. You then never have to worry about someone never feeling the same way you do.

Good luck,
    Borealis
    Be slow to fall into friendship; but when thou art in, continue firm and constant.