+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your darkest hour

I feel the same Giga, my face feels really hot. Ya know that feeling when ya stressed.

I keep worring about nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer
    Converse, you are exceptional value on this forum.

The solution to all life's problems.. is simply a puppy.

There are some things you just can't explain with the word... fate. You're just going to have to see it with your own eyes.
    - Taura

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    This last week I had one, two three, four, five six, SEVEN exams. Five of which were comprehensive finals. On top of that I had a paper due. So yeah. I've been stressing out. I've had five hours of sleep in as many days.

Tonight I rest. Tomorrow I party.

i think in general people need to ****en toughen up and suck it up every now and then, i grew up in a warzone and even after the war, i got bashed on a weekly basis for my ethnicity, went to a juvenile home and then rehab - and all this before the age of 16, have i had a tough life?? not really, i consider myself quite lucky, i have a fully functioning body, loving parents, food in my stomach and a roof to sleep under, everyone has bumps and bruises in their life, just be grateful they are not as bad as other poeple's

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think exhaustion as a by-product of physically demanding work is very good when you are feeling blue.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by zro View Post
    i think in general people need to ****en toughen up and suck it up every now and then, i grew up in a warzone and even after the war, i got bashed on a weekly basis for my ethnicity, went to a juvenile home and then rehab - and all this before the age of 16, have i had a tough life?? not really, i consider myself quite lucky, i have a fully functioning body, loving parents, food in my stomach and a roof to sleep under, everyone has bumps and bruises in their life, just be grateful they are not as bad as other poeple's
    You can't just disregard other people problems so off-handedly. Each persons experiences define who they are, thus, some people are going to be more affected by events in their lives, even things you deep petty. They may have not known hardships as you describe them, but other things can deeply affect them.
    From each to their own.

i have had this conversation before with other members, the reality is most of us have had an easy life, some poeple are born with a life sentence or a permanent disablity that most of us cant even dream of handling, some of us have seen things that will make a grown man curl up in a fetal position crying out for your mother, some of us are born into situations that most of us have no idea about living in our civilised werstern culture.

I am not saying that we dont have problems, we do - but whining about it and complain about how hard life is just ****ing stupid, poeple need to start appreciating about what they have and thanking their lucky stars instead of playing the violin

I dont blame people for their way of thinking, i blame this new age sensitive culture where "feelings" are very important and you are meant to always "express" yourself, sometimes you just have to shut the **** up and move on, we as a people are getting stronger physically but mentally weaker, its a shame really, our ansectors (sp?) would be ****ing ashamed at this pussy behaviour

Ok, i agree with you there, we do have comparatively easy lives, it's just that the way you express it makes you seem rather insensitive.

I don't agree with you about people expressing themselves though, I can understand not wanting people to whine all the time, but there are other forms of expression. Without those things, such as art, music, we would not have the diverse society we have today, wanting to express ourselves is a fundamental aspect of our nature.

Edit: For grammer

anachronistic Guest
    every day is pretty dark for me. i barely have a house to live in and i don't get enough food to make me feel satisfied. since i make more money than my parents, i have to support the family by paying a lot of the bills. i can't wait to get the **** out of here.

you know what i got as graduation gifts? laundry detergent, some actual sheets and bedspread for my bed (i have slept on a plain empty mattress my whole life) and soap. i'm thankful for those things, and the rich ****ers in my class get a brand new car, and don't appreciate anything. i'd really like to tell them off. if i got a new car, i'd be kissing feet.

i agree that music and art is a good way to "express" yourself, personally thats why i love hip hop, but my point is that our "problems" are not really that hard, i remember a thread where one guy was contemplating suicide over a girl, obviously that is quite extreme, but also in everyday life you see people saying they need therapy "cause my parents got divorced" or "my brother is in jail" or "i cant get a girl/boyfriend".....poeple are so quick to declare that they need "mental" help, when most of times they actually dont need it, they just need to suck it up

on a side note, therpaists these days are making a killing and are the biggest rip off since elvis presley, they get paid a $100/hour for talking some common sense

and if i sound insensitive, you are probably right

anachronistic Guest
    if someone is going to kill themselves because of a stupid-ass boyfriend/girlfriend, they don't set high expectations or goals for themselves.

It is such a sad thing that people feel that they require outside help, let alone paying for it. The best thing you can do for yourself is help yourself by being positive and looking on the brighter side of life. And if that doesn't work, that's what friends are for.
    Therapists and psychologists, as you say zro are ridiculous. Therapists are not going to be able to do anything more than a good friend can, and psychologists will just give you drugs and say the problem is solved, without delving into the actual root of the problem.

glad to hear someone on this board agrees with something i say

anachronistic Guest
    i see people who want to kill themselves as very inexperienced.

Quote Originally Posted by fakebloodisfun View Post
    It is such a sad thing that people feel that they require outside help, let alone paying for it. The best thing you can do for yourself is help yourself by being positive and looking on the brighter side of life. And if that doesn't work, that's what friends are for.
    Therapists and psychologists, as you say zro are ridiculous. Therapists are not going to be able to do anything more than a good friend can, and psychologists will just give you drugs and say the problem is solved, without delving into the actual root of the problem.
    You don't know what you're talking about. People who want to go and see therapists etc don't want to talk about stuff to their friends, they want to see some one neutral who wont judge and will guild them through stuff, they may not feel like talking to friends about personal things. Yes I know talking to friends about stuff helps but some times it's just not enough, friends may be biased where as a stranger wont judge.

Are you trying to say people with real mental problems don't require drugs or therapy to help them? Therapy is about getting to the route of the problems. Who are you to say it's a sad thing to seek help? You're so wrong there. People who are really depressed can't just "look on the brightside" or "cheer up".

People like you with rosey out-looks on life haven't a clue what they're talking about and haven't been through shit, will you "cheer up" if something really bad happens? I doubt you've had any life exprience, espcially to say that.

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer
    Converse, you are exceptional value on this forum.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast