+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The dance

anachronistic Guest

The dance

Kay, as you are all aware, I asked my ex to the dance, she said no, so I broke up with her.

This girl that wants to go with me has to go up to a different town for a wedding or something that weekend...

And now I'm completely single, and it's oh... 5 days before the dance (3 days until the admission stops) I could either go by myself, or ask another girl...

I'm sure most girls if not all of them have dates or don't want to go period. So I really don't want to trip over myself asking a bunch of girls if they want to go with me... so I am pretty much stuck with going single or not going.

Last year I went by myself, also. I didn't have a good time, preferably because my ex went (coincidentally, we broke up then because we had sex and I'm not even sure about that) and because I am very shy.

I also didn't have a good time, because these fat chicks that I absolutely just hate, dragged me against my will onto the dance floor, and embarassed the hell out of me... something tells me that will happen again..

None of my friends are going this year.

What the **** would you do?

ouch. doesn't sound like you'd have a good time at all. why are you considering going if you already know this?

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiay View Post
    ouch. doesn't sound like you'd have a good time at all. why are you considering going if you already know this?
    Because it's the final dance.

I went to my high school senior prom alone (as in no date) because all of my potential dates fell through, one after another, and suddenly I found myself at the registration date with no one. I went anyway, because all my friends were going, and although it was kind of awkward to have no one to dance with during "slow songs", it was pretty fun just to hang out with my friends for the night.

Then again, my high school friends were awesome....

try considering going out with your friends instead of going to the dance.. but if you really wanna go then just remember to look at everythin in a postivie way. Everything happens for a reason and the dance is supposed to be fun. so yeah

and
    Quote Originally Posted by lilwing View Post
    I'm sure most girls if not all of them have dates or don't want to go period.
    i know lots of girls who dont wanna have their periods
    and listen, if you have anything against my beliefs just pm me...mmk?
    cause i dont really care enough anymore to respond in a thread...

-koolwhip

anachronistic Guest
    Wee! Looks like the girl can skip whatever she was going to and go to the dance!

Damn! I was too late! I was hoping we could cause the scandal of the year by you showing up with ME for a date- 20 years older than you and with a potty mouth, too.

Oh, well.
    Spammer Spanker

anachronistic Guest
    That would be fun!

I'm worried that my ex will confront me tomorrow, and say she changed her mind.. or maybe go to the dance and cause a big scene... I think I should avoid her and being alone at all costs.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Look at it this way, if she causes a big scene, then a year from now you'll be able to look back on it and laaaaaaugh, and laaaaaugh.

anachronistic Guest
    Yes, that's true. Either that, or my date will force her to kiss my feet.

God damn it, the girl called, and apparently she can go BUT I have to meet her dad. I wonder what that shit's about. I wonder if he thinks I'm trying to get into her pants... I'm not really interested in her like that, we are just friends....

If he asks me any weird questions, what do i do?

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by lilwing View Post
    Yes, that's true. Either that, or my date will force her to kiss my feet.

God damn it, the girl called, and apparently she can go BUT I have to meet her dad. I wonder what that shit's about. I wonder if he thinks I'm trying to get into her pants... I'm not really interested in her like that, we are just friends....

If he asks me any weird questions, what do i do?
    Say straight up that "it's not like that".

It's even more convincing when you bring her back home the same night you take her out.

See this as an opportunity to get her parents to like you. This is starting off in a whole new direction for you. Don't suspect him just because your last gf's parents were nutso- wanting to meet the guy who is taking your daughter to the dance is a good thing.

Just try to demonstrate that you're as interested in keeping her safe and happy as her dad is. What kind of weird questions are you expecting?
    Spammer Spanker

anachronistic Guest
    I'm not expecting any weird questions, but I am hoping that there won't be.

One of my guy friends took a girl last year (not the same girl) who asked him if he was a virgin, and a whole bunch of whacky shit, if you know what I mean...

Today, in German class, my ex had to rewrite all the words on last weeks quiz because everybody failed it except me (100% baby!) and she asked me a question about when to use "um" and "zuerst". I gave her short answers and she turned around, and continued with her work.

She kept looking at me during other classes. I felt slightly bad, but on the whole, I told myself that it's her doing. I doubt she knows I'm taking another girl to prom.

Good job lilwing!!!

I'm so happy your friend who is a girl will be going with you to this dance.

And, yah, keep that news from your ex, as you want to downplay any potential drama situations.

Have fun !!

I bet the girl you are going with to the dance is slightly embarrassed that her dad has asked to meet you. Us girls always feel stupid when our parents enforce those 1950's type rules on us.

But they do it for our own good, and hopefully they're just really nice and cool people and everything will go smoothly!

What r u wearing?

anachronistic Guest
    I'm wearing a blue shirt, along with either brown corderoy pants or dress khakis. It's a semi-formal.

She will be wearing a dress.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast