+ Follow This Topic

Thread: The approach

The approach

:oops:

Hi all,

well the problem I have is being shy, I have trouble approaching girls, I kinda feel that its weird.

I feel kinda stupid actually.

I mean when I see a really fine girl, Im thinking, damn I would love to hook up with her, but then I think, how can I go up to her and ask her out,

Isnt that a bit weird? some guy you dont know, goes up to you and says all this crap.

I guess I just dont know what to say to the girl, without showing that Im needy and desperate you know.

Question to the girls here, whats the best way that a guy approached you? what did they say?
    Without using some stupid line.

Hope y'all can help me out here.
    Thanks.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    it's true that a lot of guys fear getting rejected but that is a part of life. basically you're going to have to get used to the fact that everyone gets rejected sometime in their life. rejection doesn't help to build courage but the only way that you're going to have the balls to talk to a girl is by building your self-esteem.

honestly, most girls are flattered at the fact that you have the guts to approach them. they might not be interested in you, but by you taking the inniciative to come up and talk to them, you're flattering them by acting interested in them. what you might say to them might sound werid to you, but on the outside it's a different story. they aren't sure what to expect either and most of the time, they aren't really sure what response to give. i think that basis that you need to remember is that when you see a girl that you think is attractive, what are the chances that you'll see her again? mostly likely to none right? so what have you got to lose. sure you might make an ass of yourself or feel that you did, but you've lose nothing. now if you have gotten her number think of what you'll have gained. raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Thanks for the reply, Its not so much that Im afraid of getting rejected, I mean I dont have nothing to lose. I just dont know what to say to them, without using a line you know.
    Can you help me out someone?

I just wanna make a good impression you know.

Sometimes I get tongue tied, I dont really stutter or mumble but it has happened to me before, when Im presented with a situation that I feel awkward in.

Probably happened to everybody.

Thanks again.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    everybody has what works for them. what might work for me might or might not work for you. you'll just have to try and see which in the best approach for you. usually i'm the type that starts to ask them for their name then hopefully start up a conversation about if they are going to school or where they have graduated from. i'm in college right now, so i ask them about their major or stuff like that. raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

i agree with illusional...i think it's easy to begin a conversation with someone if she's in the same class as you or if you'd seen them before. i remember i had a crush on a guy who'd i'd always see in my history class. i was too scared to talk to him in history and the semester went by without me talking to him, but luckily he ended up in my theater class. so i started talking to him about the history class from last semester and mentioned i'd seen him before. hope this helps a little....
    I'd rather be an optimist who's wrong instead of a pessimist who's right