+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is a restraining order due for this situaion?

Is a restraining order due for this situaion?

I'll try to dumb it down best I can. I've got this friend David, who has a girlfriend Rebecca. Rebecca has a friend named Sue.

David and I have been friends for a few years.
    Sue was in a relationship for about 1.5 years.

That relationship ended 2 months ago. She said she was miserable. They never did anything, just laid around and watched tv. Never did anything exciting. She said she knew she wasn't happy, but didn't get that strength to end it until she met Rebecca, who kind of made her wake up and go "Uh, hun, there's more out there. Do something for yourself and get out of it." So, Sue did.

Then David calls me up and wants to hang out, so the 4 of us hang out. I've never met Rebecca or Sue at this point. Those 2 girls were great, and Sue and I seemed to have some kind of a connection from the get-go. A few days ago, Sue and I started dating.

However, asshat, who is Sue's ex, won't stop calling her. She simply ignores it, and hasn't answered to his calls in a long time. Then when the calls start to subside, she gets an unwelcome surprise at her front door; him. He tries to win her back by saying all of these sweet things, I've changed, wahh, all that shit. She's not interested, and fires out "I've had more fun in the last 2 weeks than I have in the full year and a half we dated."

In short, he just won't let her alone. At first I had hoped that it was just him having to get over it, but now it's like, dude.... get the **** out of here.

But before I go find where he lives and do something stupid to get my point across, I figured we'd look into more civil alternatives. I don't truly think he'd do anything physical to her at all, but at the same time I really don't want to assume anything either. And granted maybe a restraining order is a bit intense, seeing as though all he's doing is calling her and showed up at her house once. But it's harassment, and a pure annoyance.

Her and I, even though we've been dating a very short time, get along great. We have so much in common and our views on everything are literally the same. Her and I are just so happy right now, and we want nothing more than for him to magically vanish from the picture. What do you folks think? Is a restraining order the best fit solution? If so, what's involved with obtaining one?

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Uh, dude, that's totally overkill right now.

I say tough it out in the mean time.

I thought the same thing. Then I read the newspaper about a 20 year old killing his 18 year old ex then killing himself. Kinda makes you want to take the upper hand in the situation while you have the cards on the table, ya know?

Besides, it's to the point where her parents have to throw him off the property to get him away. He even calls her parent's cell phones just to see where she's at when she ignores his calls.

Extreme? Maybe. Smart? Definitely. Possible? Not sure...