+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My Story

Post My Story

This happened a long time ago... (Jan 02)
    I was about 17 at the time in my second last year of highschool. I met a boy online in one of those dumb little chat rooms. He used to come online and message girls with random perverted messages just like any young boy would do. He was 18.

(May 02)
    We always talked online and became friends, and even had our disagreements here and there, but for some reason our bond grew stronger after this one fight of ours. I remember I had a year end formal to go to and I asked him if he'd come with me, he said he'd ask his parents since he lived in Vancouver and I lived in Toronto. Of course, he couldn't come.

(Fall 02)
    Eventually we moved to the phone. I remember at one point he had knee injury which was preventing him from walking and as a result he had gotten surgery. We talked every night during that time. We grew closer, we realized we had much more than just a friendship.

(Feb 03)
    I wouldn't say it was a break up since we weren't really together. But his ex girlfriend had started calling him again. In a way he did have to break up with me because he didn't feel I wanted to get married. I was heartbroken to be honest. But what could I do, he was there, and I was here.

(May 03)
    I started to date someone at this point.

(Fall 03)
    I was going to university in the fall as well. When I got there, I was just confused. I had Mr. Right all the way in BC, and I had Mr. Right-Here, willing to see me every week. Over the course of my first year in university I began talking to Mr. Right again. We eventually decided that we would break up with our significant other, as it would not be fair to them. I broke up with Mr. Right-Here. But he hadn't quite broken up with his gf at time considering we got into a very big fight where we didn't talk for about a month.

(Spring 04)
    One night I recieved a phone call from him. Crying, and emotional. As it turns out that girl had told her parents about him along with the very intimate details about their relationship as well. Though you need to keep one thing in mind, we are both from an eastern culture, and marriage is a very big deal. He didn't want to marry her, and was upset that she would make such a big step and not tell him about it. Nonetheless, he broke up with her. It was now just us two.

(Summer 04)
    I met him for the first time. I went to BC. I was head over heels for him. And it seemed that he was too. When we had to part and I had to come back, I'd have to say he was a lot more emotional than I was, and unwilling to let me go.

That same summer, I decided to take another trip to see him. This time the one falling apart was me. I didn't want to leave, but I had to.

(Fall 04 -Spring 05)
    I came back to school. I was a mess. I missed him so much I was having a difficult time adjusting.
    Eventually over the course of the semester, he told me how he told his parents that he wanted to marry me, but his father would not accept due to religious reasons, though they weren't really a big deal as he saw it.

I fell apart. I had resorted to harmful ways of coping with my distress. During this time. I had dropped out of many courses, and failed a few as well. I couldn't adjust.

(Summer 05)
    I came home. I got a job, and paid of many of the credit card debts that I had due to my trips. Nonetheless they racked up again in my next school year.

(Fall 05)
    Perhaps the most difficult time for me. He told me he had told his parents over and over again that he wanted to marry me, but they still would not accept. I saw him again, as I missed a week of school.
    I failed 3 courses at this point. My worst year, and my most emotional year.

We still loved each other at this point. and it seemed that every time I would plan a trip to see him, he would cancel or somehow find a reason why I couldn't come. Claiming there was always some legit reason, i.e. a marriage, work, or something.

In March 06...
    Our conversations began to decline. He got terriably sick and was unable to talk to me for a month. I sent him gifts and letters to help him feel better, but it didnt seem as though it was sufficient enough. Eventually he got sick again after a week or two's worth of recovery.

In May 06....
    I found him on msn. I had just come back from a festival. When I said I loved you, and I missed you to him. He said to me "stop calling my house, my mother doesn't want to speak to you. You're ruining my life". I was heartbroken. It was like my entire world had come apart, and everything and anything I wanted, was just shattered. So I gathered the courage, and I said to him "I don't want to come between you and your family, if you feel this way, then that's okay. I can no longer do this anymore"...
    I left him text messages, and voicemails.

in the following week, I called him and he hung up on me...when I called back he said to me to stop calling. Which I did.

(Summer 06)
    I began seeing other people, considering it would help me feel better and forget about him. It was not too long after that we spoke again. He decided he wanted to see me in September.

(Fall 06)
    But when september I came, I kept contemplating the problems and the emotional issues that would arise if he came. Why is it that the only time he decided to come and see me was when we broke up? I said to myself. In the 3 years I was with him, he did not see me once. I knew then it would be too difficult to go through this again, so i told him I couldn't do it.

Not too long, and I believe out of spite, he went to his parents and said, "I will marry anyone you choose for me". Over the course of this time he still called me on occassion to yell at me, and to tell me I lost so much. He said on more than one occassion that I ruined his life because I broke up with him. It was hard hearing these things, and even then I kept the communication at minimal.

(March 07)
    He got married on the weekend of March 3rd-4th, and only 3 days later, he decided to call me. To talk to me, and at the end of the conversation to tell me he loved me. He wanted me to message him and let him know when I'd be online so that he could speak to me. He mentioned how he wanted to come down to Toronto, and see me...to have an affair with me. I said to him, I don't think I could do that, it's not right, and you're married. And when he did say I love you....for the first time I didn't say I love you back.

...now...
    here i am sharing my story...

Is it real????

If yes then I must say you are very brave.
    Honestly speaking I feel myself in position of this guy.
    But I feel I will do something about it now...
    This Post is Sponsored by Quiz_Master aka Ashwin Saxena aka hiddenturbo.

Just Started a blog
    [url]www.ashwinsaxena.tk[/url]

Cut all contact with this destructive person and get yourself into therapy immediately.

I say this as kindly and lovingly as possible.
    Spammer Spanker

anachronistic Guest
    poor girl...

if he really loved you as much as you seem to love him, he wouldn't have ever treated you like that. he wouldn't be married.

find yourself a littlewing.

Yep.. It's a true story.

I've done everything, blocked emails, msns, deleted phone numbers, i'm going to be changing my own number soon.

I gotta say, it's been very difficult getting over this....but I'm moving on.

i can relate, i just posted my story, "Pigalet's Pokerstars Love story". The two stories are a lot alike, and just as yours is, mine is true as well

you are very brave

I'm corious too. Is it real?

Wow Are U Serious .. We Still God Lovers In Dis World