+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: high-maintenance girls

When I used to date, I always pursued the hot girls. Despite being an 5'8" 145 lbs nerdy guy, I usually got the girl.

I don't like being shot down, but if you don't ask, you don't get.

You're right, most guys are scared of you. Don't be fooled by the really hot guys, assuming that because they are hot they are confident...most of them are not. In fact, the hot guys are usually more scared of getting shot down that me--Mr. Average Looks.

Tradition?! - tradition means nothing these days, its "tradition" for a male to earn a living while the female is supposed to be "stay at home mum", its "tradition" for a male to be manly and not wear make up, but you get these "metrosexuals" who look like a make up store exploded on their face, its "tradition" for a female to not experiment sexually until marriage, i can keep doing this for 2 pages if you want but i think you get the picture..."tradition" means nothing these days

For me personally i have my reasons for not wanting to talk to too many people (check out the ask a female forum if you want to know), but in general i think its degrading and lacking self respect to grovel to these/any girls (or any other human for that matter), considering that most of them complain about "sleazy guys" asking them out all the time - sometimes i think girls think they are above guys because we have to ask and the reality is that we are all equal, plus if they make the decision, wouldnt it be easier and more logical if they just picked and stop playing games - hope i answered your question

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Zro - You can protest it not being "fair" all you like, but it won't change the simple fact that the guys who actually go out with girls are generally the ones who ask. Tradition may mean little to you, but we are ALL enslaved to some extent by our gender roles. Sure, girls experiment sexually before marriage, but they are often labelled sluts for doing so. Women work outside the home these days, but they are still expected to come home and cook, clean, and get the kids into bed. Teenage boys wearing makeup is a sign of rebellion, a traditional teenage role, albeit manifested differently than in days past.

Ultimately though, if you find talking to girls so distatseful, then I agree that you shouldn't.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

girls are dumb, plain and simple.

ZRO--Point taken to the degree that we are all equal in some ways. Get used to the idea that in the social realm, women are in charge (like it or not, they are on their way to being totally economically and politically in charge, too). They make and change the rules regularly.

Don't like it or find it frustrating, you can become CAM (I no longer date, but who gets hurt in that situation? Not the women.) But even I will admit that if I want to play ball, I have to play their little game. If I don't want to play, then I am certainly free to effectively end my genetic line. Believe me, no woman will lose sleep over this if I choose to remain on this path to oblivion. It really is the law of the jungle and as much as they will give you a big hug while you are crying about your misfortune, ultimately you are the loser and they are not.

It is just basic animal nature...we pursue; they reject or accept based on how likely it is that you are going to produce and help raise/support off-spring. It is as simple as that. Anybody who gives you a line of crap about how relationships are built around mutual interest in skinny espressoes and salsa dancing lessons is full of...well, crap.

vashti - i never said it wasnt "fair", to me it just seems illogical and kind of dumb to initiate something when the decision is out of my hands and also a woman/girl who has sex before marriage is not a "slut" - that would make 95% of the female population sluts, i would be hard pressed to find a girl in her twenties that is still a virgin

CAM - i was never arguing that girls dont have the upper hand when it comes to relationships, thats my point - if they do then why do we have to take "control and initiate" when in fact they have the "control"

it feels like i am just repeating myself and beating a dead horse with a stick, so i will leave it there, sorry for hijacking your thread (to the original poster)

Quote Originally Posted by zro View Post
    why do we have to take "control and initiate" when in fact they have the "control"?
    But you just said it yourself - if we assume that women are in charge, that means that THEY choose, so: a guy makes his move to make her know he's interested, and just then she can make the final decision.
    When it's vice versa, a man is the one that chooses.

BE angry at mummy and daddy for producing such a fine product as yourself...But be happy that you are the most desired out of the species....

1. Make your self approachable (ie smile, be open, etc)
    2. LIMIT the male friends, that will intimidate any potential partener
    3. Most likely all your male friends want a piece of you
    4. Go out more, do things to your TARGET, that an alpha male would do to his target
    5. Don't play tooo hard to get, it will work against you
    6. Be prepared to face major HATORATION from your fellow female kind
    7. DON'T be NEEDY, DEMANDING, HIGH MAINTANANCE, BITCHY, FEMINIST..those are all classic traits of an attractive woman..(not all women ofcourse)
    Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. Three times, it's enemy action

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    You don't want a man who doesn't possess the balls to ask you out in the first place. His insecurities will poison your relationship.
    So true i deffinantly agree with every word of that. Alot of guys i know have said the same about me. That i seem so confident and like im just going to laugh at them if they approach me. Just be you, thats all you can be. Dont try and make yourself more approachable because then your not being yourself and the guy will have more of a shock when he gets to no the real you.

anachronistic Guest
    i actually just found out that my ex isn't high maintainance-- her parents just spoil her to control her.

she really doesn't want all that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12