+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I REALLY am desperate for some advice please...

I REALLY am desperate for some advice please...

So i have this really good friend of mine. "James" We'll call him.
    Weve been friends for about 3 years and weve always had a really different kind of friendship. I dno i get the impression he finds it difficult to get close to people just like me i guess but at the same time we have such jokes.
    Hes kind of given himself this bad boy image to people, which i no he wants to grow out of but its proving difficult. Ive alwways loved him since the moment we met and ever since ive known him hes made it difficult for mte to no where i stand. (hes 20 and im 18)
    We speak everyday and see each other almost 3 times a week. But its so weird. Hes so nasty to me sometimes and its horrible because when hes nice hes great and when hes nasty it confuses me.
    Well anyway the other day he randomly asked me in a text if i had my eye on anyone and i replied "ive always got my eye on someone but that doesnt mean they have there eye on me" and he asked me how i new they didnt if i didnt ask them. It was one of those texts where he new in the back of his mind i was on about him. He also said he had his eye on someone and that he was in the same boat

A few days later when he was drunk he begged me to tell him who i ment in the texts and i said him and he also told me he ment me. But its like i dont no what to think. I like him so much its not right. Ive neeeeeever liked anyone like this before. I think about him everyday, every minute, i cant imagine myself with anyone else but him but then again i dont no what i want and i dont think he does either.

I text him yesterday saying "i wish id never told you now i dont want this to mess up our friendship"
    he said "it wont do i like you yeh but i like you better as a friend"
    and i replied the same because i know what he means by that. We have such a special friendship its one of those ones where its a win or loose situation, if anything happened between us i dont think we would ever be the same again.
    I just dont no what to do. I met him today and he was cheekily touching my bum putting his arm round me cuddleing me and its like =S mate...can you stop fu**ing about with my head please.

What am i ment to think?

Pleaaaaaase someone help me out here. Im stuck in a rut =(

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think you ought to avoid getting entangled in a romantic relationship with anyone who is nasty to you, even if only occassionally. These things tend to escalate.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Look, I know you loooove him and all, but he seems more like a project than a potential boyfriend. I think you're all excited about a lot of the packaging- you like the bad boy image, and even more you like the idea that it could look to the world as if you changed him into a sweetheart. You get all wrapped up in texting drama.

Strip all this away, and he doesn't sound all that great. He jerks you around, tells you he just wants to be friends and then puts his hand on your ass. He's occasionally volatile with you (and Vashti's right- you haven't seen the last of that). This isn't love. It's infatuation, and when it wears off, you'll ask yourself what you were thinking.

So try not to do anything you'll regret.
    Spammer Spanker

from a guys point, this has always puzzeled me, why would you want someone who treats you like crap?? - it depends on how "mean" he is to you, if he is just joking around and calls you names, then that might not be too bad - us guys have a funny way of showing affection to other humans, but if he is really nasty to you which IMO would just get more frequent as time goes by and even more if you guys date

When a guy says he only likes you as a friend... well, he really only does like you as a friend. However, that doesn't mean that he has no feelings whatsoever for you. It's possible that he likes you, that he likes to touch you and all, and he might enjoy that, but maybe there's something about you that makes him want to be just a friend. You might have to find out what that is. I wish you all the best!
    [URL="http://get-hooked-up.blogspot.com"]Visit my free dating service blog.
    It's a genuine community of real people trying to find love online.
    [/URL]

Man i dno what to do. Its so easy for someone to say walk away.

Hes never nasty to me and means it he only kids around. I just dont know what to do i care so much about him and i dont no how im going to get over him =(

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If he knows whatever he says to you makes you feel bad, he IS being mean, even if he is laughing when he says it, and even if he says he is just kidding. Don't kid yourself; this is hostile behavior.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

stay friends, don't even try to hook up. It's a disaster waiting to happen. just enjoy the friendship. i am sure there are tons of better guys out there that will treat you better. Remember looks should come last. make sure you will be happy with the guy. Some guys are not the same when you start dating them.

Quote Originally Posted by Minitank View Post
    stay friends, don't even try to hook up. It's a disaster waiting to happen. just enjoy the friendship. i am sure there are tons of better guys out there that will treat you better. Remember looks should come last. make sure you will be happy with the guy. Some guys are not the same when you start dating them.
    Yeh your right. I no this, i just needed people to tell me. Thanks alot guys for your advice.