Do read it people..take sometime out..its real good (L)

Brittle wind coalesces to make a picture… a picture that lingers in the corridor, where the wind is the only onlooker… You were sitting on the desk beside mine, a face that will stay in my memory album for the rest of my life.

A face that made whittlings on the mirror I saw my face in every morning ever since. I didn’t realize till the time we finished our school that I was always in love with you, all through those seven years. Yet I couldn’t convey my thoughts to you…

It was a difficult journey to make after you came to see me off. I was waiting for my train, and you were beside me. You were trying to draw my attention in the refreshment cabin; still I couldn’t bring myself to say what I was feeling. ‘Coz I feared you may not like this lump holding your petite hands for the rest of your life.

Days, weeks, and years passed by us and before we knew six years had passed. You finished your medical school, and your parents invited us for your marriage. Though you looked unhappy with their decision, I convinced myself that it was just your fear of in-laws.

You tried to explain your unhappiness, I refused to listen and tried to convince you that your to-be husband is a nice man— with a sprawling bungalow and two cars; he had a social status that I would hardly manage in this life.

You got married and had a baby. After that, I saw you once in the park - accompanied by your husband and your little replica … you waved your hand, I tried to ignore the gesture, but we both knew the lie behind it.

That was fifteen days back. I was waiting for my bus, and suddenly, there was this familiar, sobbing face walking towards me… It was your dad, who informed me that your cremation was in the afternoon! My benumbed mind listened as he told me that you had a car crash at six in the morning, that you were speeding at ninety, in an inebriated condition…

They were carrying your belongings, I saw your familiar leather notebook… I wished I could have one last glimpse into that book, to know what my Snow White would have thought, in those days of innocence!