plz help me
    i wanna make a surprisin day in my boy friend's day
    i wanna buy a special gift for him....
    tell me
    wt kind of gifts dio like?
    he's 26

tell me

What sort of stuff is he in to?

For the record.. all guys like gadgets. What are his primary interests? Can you find a cool little tool that will help with that interest?

Or just a little gimmick that can remind him of that interest...

for instance.. I'm really into computers (repairing, building, gaming, etc.) and web design... So gifts that would be great for me on the functional side of things would be.. a new video card (though that's pricey), a new set of mini screwdrivers, a telescoping magnet to fish dropped screws out of the case.

Something on the more gimmicky side would be this watch which tells time in binary:

Something in between would be this swiss army knife/usb thumbdrive... it's a gimmick, but is functional for the things I enjoy.

So yeah... Identify a hobby, and find a neat little tool that will end a frustration in dealing with that hobby.

I was going to post links to show you what I was talking about, but saddly I'm not allowed to untill I've made 15 posts.. so I'll just say that it's all avaliable on thinkgeek.com if you want to look.

funny how before I even read your post I was thinking of thinkgeek. that's a great site for gadgety things. though it's better to get the idea on thinkgeek, and then get the thing somewhere else for cheaper.

anachronistic Guest
    i usually get things like clothes and videogames for my birthday. sometimes i get electronic things and maybe a thing of guitar strings.

my last girlfriend bought me a book of all da vinci's drawings for christmas. i haven't gotten through all of it yet.

she also gave me a huge-ass drawing pad.

she never really gave me anything special or memorative.. once i made her a handcarved piece of jewelry with sterling silver and jade. she never wore it either.

i like it more when someone makes something for me rather than buys me something i want. it's more meaningful.

Some kind of ring maybe? When I finished uni my girl at the time got me a ring with an engraved message and the date and everything. I've always kept that.