+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Giving the 'Silent Treatment'

Giving the 'Silent Treatment'

Last night may have been a little screwed up and I'm not sure if I should be angry at my boyfriend or angry with myself. This is what happened:

My boyfriend didn't want to do anything that I wanted to do (like always) but he told me to decide what we're going to do for the night. So I suggested that we just go out. Ever since we got out he complained about everything. About how crowded the place was, how rediculous people looked, and how I "forced" him to come (that's far from the truth because he could've turned around and said he wanted to go home). I think it's rediculous how unfun he can really be like that. I only suggested going out because we don't really do much anymore. So he complained the whole time. And once I finally said something to him about it he got really pissed off and said "I was only JOKING" (didn't sound like joking at all to me). So he starts walking really far ahead of me and wouldn't look at me when I tried to talk to him. So I told him that I was just going to take the bus home if he wanted to ignore me and get pissed off because I pointed out how he was complaining. Now it's going to turn into this whole big issue with him. Something so little could've been worked out. But instead, he wanted to throw a hissy fit and walk ahead of me and get all huffy and puffy. But he's going to say that I'M the immature one. That's another thing...he always calls ME immature. I think he does that because I'm 4 years younger than he is.

So about taking the bus home...
    Once I told him that I'll just take the bus home he slightly turned around like I knew he heard me. But he kept walking. Almost like he were to say "I don't give a s***, take the bus home". He's never tried to fix things with me. It's always been me calling him and writing him an "I'm Sorry" card.
    Not this time though. I'm not going to call him, I'm not going to write him any sorry letters, and I'm not going to pick up his phone calls. He will never understand that I wanted him to come after me. He doesn't care. I called my mom up to pick me up after I was sitting outside for about a half an hour. Then she dropped me off at my boyfriend's house so I could pick my car up. I am so angry with him.

So my question is: Should I be angry with him because he didn't care to even take me home and leave me stranded in the dark to take the bus home, or should I be upset with myself for even suggesting to take the bus home when I knew he wouldn't come after me?

All I know is that I'm just not going to call him and I'm not going to answer his phone calls until he realizes that he's a huge jerk sometimes and doesn't know how to have fun.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You kind of set yourself up for being left - he called your bluff. If you know your guy is an asshole, I don't think you should test him on things like this.

Why do you wish to remain with an asshole, BTW? Don't you think you could do any better?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?