+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need some advice(we do a lot of talking online, a bit by phone...met once)

I need some advice(we do a lot of talking online, a bit by phone...met once)

Ok, i'm 20, the girl is 18

Let's see...i've had this girl on my myspace for about a year...she messaged me about 2 weeks ago asking what's up. I replied and didn't talk again. About a week ago I asked her what was up...she replied and so did I. we went on a long time and found out we had a lot in common.

She had always thought I lived 60+ miles from her, actuallity I live about 10 minutes from her so that's good.

I need help to find out whether she's as interested in me as I am into her.

we clicked right from the start, but i don't know if it's a friendship click or something more...

we've talked to each other about how we both would hate to be lonely when we're older...our views on cheaters...honesty etc.

She's a good Christian girl who is waiting for marriage before sex and she's probably not a flirty girl so it's hard to pick up on some things she says. Plus, a lot of what we've said has been online.

i've talked to her on the phone a few times, first call went on over an hour..which is nice.

we were planning to go to a movie(it would be me, her, and 5 of her friends) but it all fell apart at the end and it was just me and her(i didn't mind that at all, but i was sorry her friends couldn't go)

we saw blades of glory(great movie btw) and both had a nice time. we were laughing constantly at the movie and making sarcastic remarks at each other.

i noticed on the way back that she was staring at me quite a bit..which was fine as i did it to her lol

she has a very busy life and it's hard to talk to her much...i'd definitely take that for a person i love...but of course it's way too early to know about that.

i just need some help on what to say online, how to pick up emotion, what the movie meant if anything and so on. we do have other things planned in the next few weeks to do...

Things we both like to do:

movies
    listen to music
    exercise
    get groceries(never together yet though)
    drive around
    she wants me to go to church with her( i think it will be great)
    chat on phone
    basketball maybe

we both have an interest in animals(mainly dogs) but i don't know if i can go on that or not.

we're the kind of people that wouldn't mind going into wal-mart and goofing around for hours.

I think she has the most beautiful eyes...is there any way i can tell her? or should that be something i hold off until i'm sure we have something more going on?

she's not a big dater...she's only dated one guy...i don't know if she'd be interested in it or not...i don't want her for sex or anything...i want her because she has a great personality and i'd love to be with her many years down the line.

btw...her prom is this Saturday. It would be very strange for me to go(different highschool, i'm 20... etc)...should I feel any jealousy or anything if she dances with another guy?

I don't think i'd mind...i want her to have a fun time and she's spent a lot of time finding her dress and everything.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Just say this:

"hey (insert girl's name) I had a great time with you at the movies last week, and I'd really like to take you to ________________. Are you available next weekend?"

Save telling her about her beautiful eyes until you are actually looking into them.

EDIT: you aren't going to her prom, are you? You might feel jealous, but don't let on to her that you are. Really, she SHOULD enjoy her prom.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Just say this:

"hey (insert girl's name) I had a great time with you at the movies last week, and I'd really like to take you to ________________. Are you available next weekend?"

Save telling her about her beautiful eyes until you are actually looking into them.
    Thank you so much! Yeah...that night...we were waiting in the car for a few minutes(kind of long story...about 15 min wait) and I asked her if it was something she'd want to do again, she said yes.

i'll hold off on the eye compliment until i'm looking into them, should i wait to say it for a few weeks?

ok, i'll ask if she's available next weekend. i have every saturday off...so that's good...just started this job.

Thanks again! maybe i'll come back in a few months to thank you for changing my life D

I don't think complimenting her eyes is something you need to "wait" to do - it's not like you're saying "I love you". But don't do something like that to get her attention or get her to like you if you're not sure - that freaks girls out. Or it freaks ME out.

Are you waiting to make further efforts to date her until you're sure she likes you? Sorry, but the only way to see if she's as into you as you are into her is to put yourself out there and take a chance. I think you should ask her out on a serious date, like dinner. Meet her parents. Show her you mean it. If you still can't tell after that if she really likes you, you may have a problem, but at this point it's too early to know.
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by lovesjoyajm View Post
    I don't think complimenting her eyes is something you need to "wait" to do - it's not like you're saying "I love you". But don't do something like that to get her attention or get her to like you if you're not sure - that freaks girls out. Or it freaks ME out.
    Hmm...ok, someone else said to only say it while I'm looking into her eyes...I think that will work. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Are you waiting to make further efforts to date her until you're sure she likes you? Sorry, but the only way to see if she's as into you as you are into her is to put yourself out there and take a chance. I think you should ask her out on a serious date, like dinner. Meet her parents. Show her you mean it. If you still can't tell after that if she really likes you, you may have a problem, but at this point it's too early to know.
    <b>What could I do for dinner? I absolutely hate fast food, I would definitely go for a day or two...and there are very few restaurants in this town</b>

Any help here? Thank you so much!

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Make her a picnic, then, weather allowing.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Make her a picnic, then, weather allowing.
    seriously? you mean I have to do it?(don't got a problem with that lol, just trying to get it clear)...she said she wanted to start eating more healthful...i was trying to get her to go to kroger's with me...

and i definitely want her to enjoy her prom.

maybe i'll hang with some friends that night and talk to her later.

Quote Originally Posted by Richie Rocks View Post
    seriously? you mean I have to do it?(don't got a problem with that lol, just trying to get it clear)...she said she wanted to start eating more healthful...i was trying to get her to go to kroger's with me...
    You could shop for the picnic together. Just make sure she sees it as a real date.
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    You could shop for the picnic together. Just make sure she sees it as a real date.
    weather permitting i'll try a picnic.

how can i get her to see it as a date and not just as friends?

i noticed i've been messaging her way too much...which would be the easiest way to set up something without having to message a lot? just come out and say it directly?(like "will you be available saturday?")

Quote Originally Posted by Richie Rocks View Post
    i noticed i've been messaging her way too much...which would be the easiest way to set up something without having to message a lot? just come out and say it directly?(like "will you be available saturday?")
    damn

saturday is her prom and she'll be busy.

saturday is the only day i know i'm off from work...she's busy a lot with track and school.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast