+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Being introduced to POTENTIAL prom date. How can a shy girl leave a good impression?

Being introduced to POTENTIAL prom date. How can a shy girl leave a good impression?

Alright, lemme give you some background info on me - I'm 16 and neeever have had any sort of love life, never even been on a date before. But now prom is coming up in late May, and my friend, who knows I have a thing for Korean guys, asked me if I wanted her to...kind of set something up between me and this Korean guy (mm, with an accent and everything *drools*) who she knows in her math class. First I refused but then I was like, hmm, why not give it a try? Sooo she talked to him and now she's gonna introduce him to me on Thursday (less than 2 days away!) during school!

I'm just super nervous because ONLY if this goes well, will this lead to dates which will lead to prom. So all I have to do is make a good first impression for the 10 minutes of break. BUT that's hard for me because I'm, well, quite a shy person. Like, I sometimes can't think of anything to say even with my closest friends, and I don't even know this guy at all! What should I say, talk about, how can I make a good impression? Eek this sounds so pathetic, I know, but I just don't have any of this kind of experience...

You can be sure he's already aware that you're shy, as your friend has no doubt told him this.

Play to your strengths. What are they?
    Spammer Spanker

Hm actually I'm pretty sure she didn't tell him, she gave me all the details of what she said to him and how he responded and everything.

My strengths...as in what I know I will be okay with when meeting him? I don't know, I'm good at keeping eye contact with people, and I smile a lot. And since I love Korea and its culture I can discuss it with him, since he's Korean, so that's one thing. I just feel like I need better "getting-to-know-you" topics and basically, at all costs avoid any awkward silences.