+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: i like him..but i may be the rebound...

Quote Originally Posted by Love Angel View Post
    I do agree with the above. have seen too many of that kind around here

Thank you, darlin.

Was nothing Riggs baby..

Quote Originally Posted by Love Angel View Post
    Was nothing Riggs baby..
    Not really crazy, love. Just nuts. LOL

Hey Crack Cat, why don't you go stand on a corner and beg the local oldies to let you turn a trick. An evening out on the town in a pretty dress should score you enough to stay awake for another 72 hours of manic inactivitiy

Hey! Go threadjack each others' threads, you guys! Carbon needs help, here.

Carbon, how's it going?
    Spammer Spanker

Hey Giga, thanks for restoring higher thread order!

We haven't talked explicitly about the situation since my last post, but we've been seeing eachother as usual (if not more often).

We celebrated his bday in my apt tonight. I had wanted to make it special, for him to have fun - it turned out to be a great night. When he was leaving, he thanked me for making this birthday a really good one. I should have just let him leave happily but I tried (repeatedly) to make him stay longer, which might have put a bit of damper on the night, i.e. he might've felt bad that he couldn't stay (bleh...I feel stupid for it now, but I couldn't help myself at the time..).

Anyway, I don't know what to make of everything - we always have a great time together but in the back of my mind, I keep wondering how much of this is the real him and how much is it just the rebound him? ie, does he really like me or is all of this just because he is on the rebound? I don't think he is in an emotional/mental state where he can answer this question honestly, even to himself. If he could, he wouldn't be a man I would want anyway...

Being in this situation has made me realize that I somehow always pick the emotionally unavailable ones. ALWAYS. I'm intrigued by the aura of mystery/depth they exude...and once my interest is piqued, I have a hard time letting go.
    Last edited by carbon; 17-04-07 at 02:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by carbon View Post
    Being in this situation has made me realize that I somehow always pick the emotionally unavailable ones. ALWAYS. I'm intrigued by the aura of mystery/depth they exude...and once my interest is piqued, I have a hard time letting go.
    Yeah, I've noticed this as a common theme with you.

Why don't you try to consciously date differently next time? Pick someone really sensitive and sweet.

Actually, you should date Zach, the one that got burned so badly by his ex when she ran off with his best friend. I'd bet he'd be really good for you.
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Why don't you try to consciously date differently next time? Pick someone really sensitive and sweet.
    The problem is that I'm not attracted to the sensitive and sweet ones - I find them uninteresting..and I cannot force myself to like someone. I know, I'm horrible for myself.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm almost completely devoid of emotion but I'm a pro at feigning sensitivity and sweetness. We should hook up.

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    I'm almost completely devoid of emotion but I'm a pro at feigning sensitivity and sweetness. We should hook up.
    lol anything you can get, gribble

The problem is that I'm not attracted to the sensitive and sweet ones - I find them uninteresting..and I cannot force myself to like someone. I know, I'm horrible for myself.
    You poor thing. You have no A-dar (asshole radar). This is a terrible disability. I hope you can start to shift this- I have an idea. Try to date guys who are assholes, but not necessarily emotionally unavailable. Change your type by degrees. Like next time, date the guy who everyone else hates, but who might be all up in your business. At least he'll be paying attention. When you get sick of him, date somebody who is really cheap and stingy, but not emotionally unavailable.

If you need to date the Terribly Flawed, pick other flaws. There are so many to choose from, after all.
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    You poor thing. You have no A-dar (asshole radar). This is a terrible disability. I hope you can start to shift this- I have an idea. Try to date guys who are assholes, but not necessarily emotionally unavailable. Change your type by degrees. Like next time, date the guy who everyone else hates, but who might be all up in your business. At least he'll be paying attention. When you get sick of him, date somebody who is really cheap and stingy, but not emotionally unavailable.

If you need to date the Terribly Flawed, pick other flaws. There are so many to choose from, after all.
    A-dar...interesting concept. I used to have this naive notion that all guys are virtuous beings... So how do you tell initially if a guy will be(come) an asshole? I mean they don't start out seeming to be assholes...

Maybe I should just marry my best friend and save myself from the nonsensical dating game. Blah.

to be honest any thing is possible as long as you put effort into it

well that to my thinking

A-dar...interesting concept. I used to have this naive notion that all guys are virtuous beings... So how do you tell initially if a guy will be(come) an asshole? I mean they don't start out seeming to be assholes...
    Aaaaaahahahahahah!

LO-****ing-L! Best laugh of the day so far.
    Spammer Spanker

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

So how do you tell initially if a guy will be(come) an asshole? I mean they don't start out seeming to be assholes...
    Avoid "charming" men. Men are only charming when they are trying to hide something. Avoid heavy drinkers/substance abusers. Avoid men who aren't nice to busboys or other menial wage-earners. Avoid cheap tippers when the service was acceptable. Avoid unemployed men. Avoid men who complain about their work. Avoid "flashy" men. Avoid men who are always trying to look for a quick way to make a buck without working.
    Last edited by vashti; 21-04-07 at 02:29 AM.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast