+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: i like him..but i may be the rebound...

i like him..but i may be the rebound...

So after all the guessing about this supposed shy guy, the truth has come out. I am hurt, sad, angry and confused. Any advice would be great.

The situation:
    I like the guy and the guy likes me. However, he just got out of a long term relationship and is not sure if he wants to start a relationship with me because he is afraid that I would be a rebound. He say he does not want to hurt me but he doesn't want to regret losing me.

The questions:
    1. What should I do? I don't want to get into a relationship only to get hurt in the future. I really like this guy and want to make it work, even if that means waiting. I want to tell the him that I would wait for a real relationship, but I don't want him to think that I rejected him, i.e., i honestly want to wait until he sorts out his feelings for his ex, etc.

2. If I somehow get it across to him that I would wait, should I remain friends with him during this time or cut off contact? I feel that if I remain friends with him, then I can at least help him through the breakup. But there are many problems with that scenario since I don't know how much I can realistically remain objective when hearing him speak of his ex, etc. Also, I don't want my feelings to get any deeper if in the end, he decides he cannot get over his ex and needs time to be alone, etc. I cut off contact, and not remain friends, I would miss him dearly. However, I realize that's the easiest thing for me to do, i.e., just move on.

The heart of the matter:
    I just want to know if we could ever have a fair chance at a relationship. I myself took years to get over my last ex. If it is not at all possible to give it a fair go in the immediate future, e.g. within 6 months time, then I have to move on, because it will hurt too much.

It isn't the job of the new love to help the guy "work out" problems with his ex. That's for buddies and other support people.

I think that cutting all contact might be a bit severe, however, I think being his crutch would NOT be good for either one of you.

Step back, maybe talk once in a blue moon, you could be the future, but not if you get wrapped up in his past.

In the meantime, he'll probably miss you - and at least you won't feel you're hanging around wondering, "okay, now? " "how about now" "are you ready yet?" "how about now?"

+ 1. I'm in support of Clynn's advice 100%.
    Spammer Spanker

anachronistic Guest
    do exactly what clynn said.

make it known to him that you are still interested and let him come to you when he's ready.

Yeap, I would say so too !

Yeap, I would say so too !
    Last edited by Love Angel; 14-04-07 at 10:48 AM.

Aw, leave me alone, baby doll.

I am trying to find nice people to talk to. All I have found so far is one jackass. LOL

no, you are trying to be the copy cat of Martin Riggs in a psycho trip, and it isnt fair for the others. they do not know that you are armed.
    With 2 guns.
    But I do.
    Last edited by Love Angel; 14-04-07 at 10:48 AM.

only one? i saw plenty, please send me a refereee.
    Last edited by Love Angel; 14-04-07 at 10:46 AM.

anachronistic Guest
    what the ****? please refrain from trashing other people's threads.

are you guys going out or something? did a psycho girlfriend google her bf's name and find this website? what the ****?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by lilwing View Post

are you guys going out or something? did a psycho girlfriend google her bf's name and find this website? what the ****?
    Am I the only person here who thinks they are the same person?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by lilwing View Post

I wish I had a dollar for ever time you use the f word. I would buy ya some soap for your mouth and some manners. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Am I the only person here who thinks they are the same person?
    I swear to God we are not the same person. I told this girl that I look like a young Mel Gibson once, and now she is hooked on me. LOL

what a lie! butgood ones dont fly too close from you!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel View Post
    I wish I had a dollar for ever time you use the f word. I would buy ya some soap for your mouth and some manners. LOL

I do agree with the above. have seen too many of that kind around here

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast