+ Follow This Topic
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Same Issue, New Poster

omg.. I was a huge fan of RPGMaker from Agetec for the PS1. I made several crappy games back then.

I even bought the 2nd and 3rd installations for the PS2 but I loathe them.. 2D For The Win

I even have that old Dex Drive for uploading them to the web.. now if I could only find those old memory cards... lol

That is a great idea for a hobby.. I'm goin to consider it!

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ath View Post
    omg.. I was a huge fan of RPGMaker from Agetec for the PS1. I made several crappy games back then.

I even bought the 2nd and 3rd installations for the PS2 but I loathe them.. 2D For The Win

I even have that old Dex Drive for uploading them to the web.. now if I could only find those old memory cards... lol

That is a great idea for a hobby.. I'm goin to consider it!
    haha i have rpgmaker 2 for ps2... but my brother has the ps2. not only that but i find it hard to make a video game with only a controller... i need a keyboard for dialogue and stuff.

i started with rm2k and i finally cracked xp. xp is pretty nice if you can get the full version!

Any old USB keyboard works fine for the PS2 versions.. I've never tried the PC one. Maybe I'll give it a shot.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a new hobby?
    Frisbee golf. Maybe you should try writing something. You write well.
    Spammer Spanker

What kind of writing? Like a book?

Graphic novel. Can you draw?
    Spammer Spanker

anachronistic Guest
    Any old USB keyboard works fine for the PS2 versions.. I've never tried the PC one. Maybe I'll give it a shot.
    i personally like the pc one more. one of my largest knowlegeable backgrounds is computers, thus creating many options. it's quite small and you can completely customize everything, as well as graphics, tilesets, and everything else.

if you can script, you can write real-time scripts and get a realistic night-day script pretty easily. if you're searching for them type into google rm2k, rm2k3 or rmxp (which are just acronyms for the different versions of rpg maker)

i am actually writing a 2d rpg engine in c++ right now.. if you like coding you should give sphere a shot.

i sent you a pm about rmxp, so check it.

ath,my friend, if you have an open mind to violence,i suggest you play the godfather,it gives a sense of achievement as you rise up to be the Don

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Hobbies... well, the sky's the limit, literally. Ever dream of flying an airplane? An introductory lesson cost me about 50 bucks fourteen years ago. Dunno what the price would be today. Anyway, I got to go up for about an hour and partway into the flight the pilot handed me the controls. There isn't much that beats the thrill of flight.

Take up hiking, rock climbing, cycling, or weightlifting. Exercise is great for relieving stress and building confidence.

There are tons and tons of hobbies. Just think about all the things you've ever wanted to try before and go do them. Stop making excuses. If it costs money, start setting a tiny bit of cash aside every paycheck. Too many people put off their dreams until it's too late and that's a shame.

As for the writing.. I have no artistic ability.. but writing a novel sounds like it could be interesting.. lol

As for programming.. I suck at it.. but experimenting with Windows RPGmaker sounds kinda cool.

The Godfather sounds good.. but I'm looking for a Katamari type game.. you know, colorfull, upbeat, trance inducing in all its glory.. lol

Flying sounds waaay to awesome.. That's a serious consideration!

Ok.. right now is another really bad moment for me. They come and go less and less.. but right now it's here. I keep thinking of her. I think about her with someone, anyone else, and I feel betrayed and naseaus (sp?).

I just don't understand how anyone can be so heartless.. to have no remorse I didn't deserve to get lied to and cheated on.

Nausea (Greek Ναυτεία, "sea-sickness") is the sensation of unease and discomfort in the stomach with an urge to vomit. nauseous

Dude, I know where you're coming from. When I've been super-upset in the past, I can't eat at all. Like for days at a time, I just feel so sick.

Maybe think of heartbreak like a toxin that your body is trying to process out.

And no, you didn't deserve it. Nobody does.
    Spammer Spanker

Thanks Giga, I feel better now. Like I said, they come and go. I swear if I could, I'd buy everyone on this forum a drink right about now. I'm just in one of those moods.

I'm sure by the name most of you can use your powers of deduction and figure out who I am. Let's examine "I've changed", shall we?

Funny thing is I was dumb and naive enough to believe it. I really did. I believed him when he said he was turning over a whole new leaf. I believed him when he said "Go and take whatever time you need and in a year or so you will see a whole new man." I believed him when he pleaded with me to leave all the bills in my name since it would cost so much to transfer them into his own. I didn't want him to be left with nothing. I didn't want to strip him of electricity and cable. I wanted to be as kind as I could.

Yes, I called to see why the power was out. I had a sneaking suspicion that he hadn't paid the bill. This upset me because the bill was in my name. But I believed that he was a new person and perfectly capable of being responsible. Now I discover that none of the bills have been paid since the moment I walked out the door. I try to call him, I try to ask about it. He doesn't answer the phone. I call repeatedly (because I know he is at work and I know that he can and does keep his phone on his person and answer it while at work). After I've called a number of times a woman answers and tells me I have the wrong number. Of course, I don't have the wrong number. The number I dialed is displayed on the phone I'm using.

So....where is this big change? Where is the responsibility? Where? Not answering the phone, not paying the bills....I was watching the whole time. I had so much hope that he could do this. This is not a man who loves me and wants to be with me. I see that now. Any doubt I possessed over my decision to leave is gone. This is a man who merely does not like change.

Everyone, please excuse my tone. It is born of frustration alone. Ath, you do not love me. I see that clear as day. Everyone told me that you would try to hurt me and screw me over by not paying the bills and I defended you to each of them. I defended you until I was blue in the face. I claimed that you were an adult and could deal with all this like an adult and that you would never try to screw me over like that just to get even for something that never even occured. Please don't let me be wrong about that. I will even pay half of everything even though I haven't been there. I don't care. I'll do it. It just needs to get done and they need to get turned off.

I wasn't trying to cut you out like cancer, but you and I both know that you've done a few things that I'm not bringing up here but that are very out of character for you. Those aren't the things one does when one wishes to maintain any sort of contact with a person. You want to talk about confused? I wrote the book on confused.

And I believed you. God help me, I believed you.

Ever hear the old saying about how when you point a finger, you've got three more fingers pointing back at you?

1) YOU have to get the bills changed. It is your responsibility to do this. You do not leave your name on bills that you used to share with your ex. Period. To expect a man you've just walked out on to take care of such a thing is unreasonable, and makes women everywhere look stupid.

2) You can't change men. Well, when they're babies, you can change their diapers, but after that, forget it. In my experience, they may change when you leave them, but they will not change if you stay. Why the **** should they?

3) Make a clean break or commit to staying and working it out. Anything else is unfair.
    Spammer Spanker

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast