+ Follow This Topic

Thread: is it a date or really just friends?

is it a date or really just friends?

what constitues a date and how do you know if a guy is interested in a girl?

scenario...

my girlfriend works with this one guy and they've gotten to know each other and are friendly, which I'm perfectly cool with. However, he now calls her at home and has taken her out for dinner and drinks a few times, meaning he has picked up the check. My girlfriend says I'm over reacting and that he's just a friend. I trust my girl friend, but I don't trust her new friend.

My take is that first off, allowing him to pick up dinner and drinks makes it a date and she's sending him the wrong signals.

Secondly, if you are single... why would you be taking some girl out on a friday or saturday night that's spoken for? From what i hear about their time together, he's not using her as a wingman/entry to meet other women. it sounds like he just focuses his attention on her all night. he supposedly even asked her if its OK to call her last minute on a friday to go out and do something.

It just smells rotten and I say the guy is working the "friends" angle and I'm not the least bit pleased about it.

what do I do? i totally understand there's nothing at all wrong with having friends of the opposite sex and I'm OK with that.... I have female friends, she has other guy friends, but this just sounds too much like this guy is moving in on my g/f.

I just wanted to get some outside impartial thoughts on the subject...

thanks

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I agree with you. Tell your girlfriend you'd like to go with her next time they go out.

BTW - don't post multiple threads of the same content. We all pretty much read them all.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?