+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Low to No Labido

Low to No Labido

I dont know if it could be related to my birthcontrol or not, but I have lately very little interest in sex. Believe me when I say my man is excellent- as he isn't one of those men that just does it to get there and be done with me, he makes sure that everything he does is good for the both of us, and he does a very good job. The problem is though that I just dont have any sex drive. We are getting married in a few months, and there are no regrets there. It is the most fantastic relationship- I just wish I couldhave a higher labido.

We light candles, we used different lubes, we play sexy music and even a few sex toys get involved.. even different kinds of condoms. I used to go crazy and jump him all of the time, but now.. I dont know what happened. My sex drive just seems to be going down hill- I dont want him to think it is because he is a bad lover, because he is far from that!

anachronistic Guest
    is sex starting to seem redundant? like you're running out of new things to try?

i suggest you try 69 or maybe anal sex. go on the internet and look up some crazy sexual positions or something.

maybe you just need a break from sex.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Try this out:
    [url]http://youtube.com/watch?v=5D6nETEEg0A[/url]

That ought to liven things up.

anachronistic Guest
    haha that's pretty funny. i was waiting for the instant message to say that it was their mom or something like that.

Yeah, the pill does decrease sex drive in some people. And even if you stop taking it, it can take a good while to come back, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    Try this out:
    [url]http://youtube.com/watch?v=5D6nETEEg0A[/url]

That ought to liven things up.
    hah, I saw that movie.
    Last edited by Tiay; 18-04-07 at 04:47 PM.

Do you have energy for other things? I'm wondering if you just need to take some B vitamins or something- get some exercise. Maybe that would help.
    Spammer Spanker

Maybe take a break from sex until you get married????

Follow up

I am on the Evra patch, and have been for just over a year.

I have gone to the doctor before about abdoninal pain that is persistant and has been ongoing for several (over 6) months, chest pain as well as a numbing sensation in my legs that is more obvious when I lay down. I have also had head-aches, not that I told her because I didn't want to sound too much like a whiner, but I thought those might just be because I work as a secretary, and am on the computer typing all day.

Last night I looked up the Evra patch online, and found out that these are some somewat rare but severe side effects of the Evra patch, as well as a very decreased sex drive. What ticks me off, is that when I went to the doctor about these problems that I stated above, she told me it was maybe just my diet, etc. and then just stopped telling me anything- like there was no other possibilities and that I just had to live with it!

I am a very active person, I jog etc.. so I shrugged it off and changed my diet, which was already pretty healthy. I didn't/dont even drink Pop, but I changed it up a little after she suggested it, and nothing changed. She -never- once pointed out that these could have anything to do with the birth control I was on. According to the websites I researched Evra on last night, I have some huge warning signs of a blood clot and perhaps even liver tumors etc!! SO, today I am making an appointment, and am going -tell- her to change my prescription to a different one. Perhaps "Loestrin 24 fe". Has anyone tried Loestrin before?

I stopped using hormones for birth control ten years ago. I have an IUD. I suggest researching your options, because hormones can be dangerous and it seems like your body is sensitive to them.
    Spammer Spanker

I ditto Giga.

I haven't taken any kind of birth control for about 10 years. I was having problems and the doctor tried me on a few different kinds and the problems persisted and even got worse. I decided it wasn't worth it. And I started to feel really unsure about putting synthetic hormones into my body.

Condoms are it for me now.