+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Cheating on your partner

Cheating on your partner

After that married man asked her out (see post on JEALOUSY), my woman asked me to look up online statistics about men cheating. To my surprise, quite a few websites stated that 80% of men cheat at least once in their life when in a serious relationship.

This leaves a lot of variables open (what's considered a "serious" relationship, what's considered "cheating"), but still that shocked me. To me, even going on a date with someone else would be cheating (if my significant other hadn't "ok'ed" it - which some might do depending on their view of a relationship). What a shocking statistic. And the people that talk to my girl, and the people I talk to at work definitely show that a lot more guys than I would've thought have done it or do do it preasantly.

Also, approximately 30% of these 80% of men who cheat cheat with other men. Whether that means they were 'curious' or were originally in a gay relatoinship it doesn't say, but that was a little shocking too. Not as much as the astounding 80% of guys who have though!

Think about it ladies. That means that four out of every five guys statistically has cheated at least once, or will in the future.

Man. Just another reminder of how lucky my girl is to have me.

Alexi

Thoughts anyone?

Too many! Do you know WHY people cheat? They are not being fulfilled in their current situation, they're needs are not being met, and talking certainly can help, but when its not enough, off in the wild ye shall go! It is sad people do cheat, you always assume they're a bad person for it, but when you get down to the nitty gritty as to why, then theres the answer, what I find suprizing, is that when youre feeling the need to go "elsewhere" then shouldnt you evaluate your situation and get out first? Or is it the thrill of it all, being sneaky? Maybe that's why we have such a high static of divorces? CHEATING...
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

omg. i watched the news last night. some guys wife is in iraq, has been for over a year. do you know what he did???

he told people his wife died in action just so he could date other women.

unfortunatly i didn't hear beyond that. two 2 year olds went crazy.

i have been cheated on. squirrley, i agree it's lack of fufillment. my x cheated on me cause he couldn't wait for the dr to okay sex after i had my daughter. he couldn't take that my attention was to someone else first.
    (question and answer of the day)

why put on this macho thing?

hello... why do you think they are the stronger species??? its the male ego. all have it. it's when they use it. lmao

hell and they wonder why there are so many lesbians today.

i think they all must of watched this movie in grade school while we watched that horrible "puberty movie" and theirs was "what to say to a girl....by men, for men"

I have never cheated, and I never will...

My New Car!! [URL=http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2058343]Cardomain![/URL]

"Be Mindful of The Future, But Not At The Expense of The Moment"

"Life is the art of drawing without an eraser"

One word....

LINEBACKER...

Need I say more?
    "Remember always, that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    - - Eleanor Roosevelt
    " It's not who we are that holds us back, it's who we think we're not."
    - - Michael Nolan
    "...to love and lose, is better than not to love at all..." .... Lord, whats his name....
    " The world is big... I want to see all of it before it gets dark." -- John Muir

not that i have any clue.... but it sounds like enough.
    (question and answer of the day)

why put on this macho thing?

hello... why do you think they are the stronger species??? its the male ego. all have it. it's when they use it. lmao

hell and they wonder why there are so many lesbians today.

i think they all must of watched this movie in grade school while we watched that horrible "puberty movie" and theirs was "what to say to a girl....by men, for men"

Originally posted by jane
    One word....

LINEBACKER...

Need I say more?
    No you don't, he was an asshole...

My New Car!! [URL=http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2058343]Cardomain![/URL]

"Be Mindful of The Future, But Not At The Expense of The Moment"

"Life is the art of drawing without an eraser"

.. Let me explain a little..

basicaly ... he was married.. and wanted me .. end of story..
    ..loser..
    "Remember always, that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    - - Eleanor Roosevelt
    " It's not who we are that holds us back, it's who we think we're not."
    - - Michael Nolan
    "...to love and lose, is better than not to love at all..." .... Lord, whats his name....
    " The world is big... I want to see all of it before it gets dark." -- John Muir

[off-topic]
    Man. Just another reminder of how lucky my girl is to have me.
    A sharp dip in self-esteem today, huh.
    [/off-topic]

[on topic]
    And it's really amusing when women blame themselves when their man has cheated. That they didn't give enough, you know (usually, though, in countries where women are not financially independent from men and/or leaving is not an option). IMHO the only thing they should blame themselves for is not picking a man well enough.
    [/on topic]

IMHO the only thing they should blame themselves for is not picking a man well enough.
    I say that too. My woman was supposed to go this wedding a few years back. The wedding was called off when only a week before the wedding, the girl returned home early one day sick from work and found her husband screwing someone else in their bed.

That's gotta be rough.

Alexi