+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Don't know what to do..

Don't know what to do..

Hi, I'm 16 and I met a guy at work, we've known each other for only 3 months. He's always liked me but at first I never had any feelings for him because he is 8 years older than me and he's from a country where me and my parents don't like. But we became friends we have been text messaging each other everyday. Then I started to like him a little bit, one day he asked me if I like him or not, and I just said a little bit, but not to the stage of becoming boyfriend and girlfriend. I told him to give me some time, maybe we will get closer after a while. He says he always dreams of me being his future wife and that he loves me.Then he said he's already 25, he wants get married and have his own family and he has to stop dreaming. I just said give me some time. But the next day he told me he found a girlfriend. Now, we still text message each other as friends but he still says he likes me and that he doesn't really like his girlfriend, but he will see how it goes...I really dont' know what to do...

i dont know... that's a good question tho, i'll check it up
    Quote Originally Posted by rich_gurl View Post
    1) he is 8 years older than me

2) and he's from a country where me and my parents don't like.

3) I really dont' know what to do...

4) I just said give me some time.
    1) ok, so you like older men. now that's out of the way, i'd have to say you're either too young, or he's too old. that's really up to you though

2) sounds just a tad racist, no offense

3) ok

4) looks like you gave yourself a good answer there

The better place at the end of your dreams

that is not ok

what he is doing is definitly wrong!!
    say to him that he can't play with people's fealings...
    good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Life's Victim View Post
    what he is doing is definitly wrong!!
    say to him that he can't play with people's fealings...
    good luck
    You think everyone's playing with everyone's feelings... I think that's what happened to you. Maybe you're not qualified to give advice just yet.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Eight years older would make the guy 24 (not 25) and besides, I thought the older guy was 28 years old (that is what you said on your other thread). Or are you just jumping from one inappropriate guy to another?

In any case, you should not be dating ANY of these guys - they are all too old for you.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Run away from this guy as fast as you can....
    For a complete archive of all the relationship advice I have ever given, visit: [URL="http://www.thelovecounsellor.com/"]TheLoveCounsellor.com[/URL].

Exchanging text messaging and saying you will be his future wife do not prove that he has serious feeling for you. It is easy to do/say those things.

If he is really serious, he should be patient and wait.

He is also trying to cheat on his girlfriend by saying that he has feeling for you.

Just try to avoid this guy because he is not serious.
    Last edited by Kiechi; 09-06-07 at 05:07 PM.

hmm..8 years older.

If i were a 24 year old going after a 16 year old..i'd probably be doing it for sex. They're easier to pursue. This entire thread is evidence to this fact.

"In the future, everyone will be famous for 15 minutes..." -Andy Warhol

LostNotFound Guest
    where u from? cause round here if your 16 and he's 20-whatever it can be classifed as rape as you are seen as a minor.(if you have sex of course.) in which case don't. he's a bum.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Hmm, if a 25 year old is working at the same place as a 16 year old (as you said), I would say this individual does not have a very promising future.

Oh yeah, he only wants to **** you.

this guy is no good for you. Walk away from him, and delete his number. And hes too old, your only 16, give yourself time to grow before you get into this type of relationship.
    Theres a point in your life
    When you get tired of chaseing
    everyone and trying to fix everything
    Buts its not giving up...
    Its realizing that you dont need
    Certain people, the bullshit
    And the drama they bring

Ok, one word. Pedophilia. I don't have a problem with large age gaps but when you're as young as sixteen and he is 24 most people are not mature enough to deal with the situation. Yes there are always exceptions but in his case...forget him.

I may not know exactly where your coming from but when I was 16 I liked a guy who was 25. He was actually my first kiss. I look back now and just kick myself for the whole situation. I know I was not mature enough and ready to head down that path. I got lucky that he was smarter than some so he never took advantage of me but I would hate to see that happen to you or anyone.

You have a long life ahead of you. You don't want to live with regrets the rest of your life.

Too large an age gap, like many have said already, he was just trying to shag you, you wouldnt have heard from him after that

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    This thread is old, and the original poster isn't coming back.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    This thread is old, and the original poster isn't coming back.
    Possibly because she's locked in his basement.
    Spammer Spanker