+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Depression

Depression

my bf went out last night and got drunk even tho i was having a horrible day (school, life, etc.) and i asked him not to and he did it anyways and then in his intoxication he let his freind drive him home Drunk. and i spent the entire night having an emotional meltdown while he was off drunk and having fun (w/e) and then jeapordizing his life to go home.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    How frequently do you have these depressive episodes?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    So he should be miserable (like me tonight) for you? Maybe I'm heartless, but I don't agree with that, especially not if this is a recurrent problem. You said his friend drove him home. Was he also intoxicated?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    So he should be miserable (like me tonight) for you? Maybe I'm heartless, but I don't agree with that, especially not if this is a recurrent problem. You said his friend drove him home. Was he also intoxicated?
    Heartless. ^ But I agree. Anyway, you aren't married. If you don't like the way he acts, or if you think he is insensitive, NOW is the time to unload him.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

no no i was pissed because I asked him not to go out and get drunk because i was having a bad (well actually horrible) day and wanted to talk to him, and he did it anyways (cuz as it turns out he was already drunk by the time i talked to him) and the guy who drove him home was intoxicated. thats the whole point of me being pissed. he promised me he wouldnt do anything stupid, and he told me he wouldnt leave the dude's house until they were both sober and he broke that promise cuz the dude who's house he was at kicked him out and it was his only way home.

i dont know... that's a good question tho, i'll check it up
    well, in that case, he clearly doesnt respect you. take vash's advice, dump him

The better place at the end of your dreams

what the ****?? you are angry at him because he wanted to have some fun with his mates instead of having a "talk" with you, if you were a good girlfriend you would encourage him to go out and have fun and get a break from being with you all the time - drink driving is wrong but thats not a relationship problem imo, its a social and safety problem, and as long as he is not cheating i dont see what the fuss is all about, cant you have that important "talk" now

I'd also get a little pissed at the person who kicked him out. That's bad form, throwing drunk people out without making sure they've got a ride home. Part and parcel of being drunk is impaired judgment; this dude shouldn't have assumed they'd be able to safely get home.

Unless he was hammered, too. Which he was. Which is the dumb thing about getting drunk. It's usually nothing but trouble.

Oh, and zro? Worst advice ever. Sometimes being there for your significant other comes at an inconvenient time. And "as long as he's not cheating, what's the fuss"? So it's okay if he beats her? It's okay if he commonly ignores her and doesn't ever pay attention to what's going on in her life? It's okay if he's constantly putting his drinking before her? Those could all be possibilities, but to you, it seems like cheating is the only worthy trespass.

If you're unhappy with him, if this is a regular occurrence, Sarah, then I'd dump him for someone a bit more sensitive. He did do something really stupid (but so did the host of the party), and if it happens a lot then his priorities are obviously in the wrong place.

If this is the first time, talk to him and tell him how it made you feel. Maybe because he was drunk, he didn't realise what it meant to you for him to be there during that time.
    [SIGPIC]http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/2509/glyphmb9.jpg[/SIGPIC]

glyph she never mentioned anything about him beating her, if he does - then she is wasting time on a love forum, she should be talking to the cops, also she never said that this is a recurring problem, it sounded to me like this was a one-off situation, but you have to understand that males (i dont know if you are male or female) need to hang with their mates from time to time, your mates keep you grounded and they will always tell the truth when everyone else around you is afraid to cause they dont want to hurt your "feelings"

you might think my advice is the worst but i dont give a ****, it is my opinion and in my opinion, she should stop whining that her boyfriend didnt drop everything to be with her simply because she was having a "bad day", obviously we on the board dont know the full story, but if this is not a recurring issue, then she should stop throwing a hissy fit because in all honesty it is not a big deal

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Sarah, in addition to being insensitive, does your guy have issues with self-control and alcohol?

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm still wondering if she does this frequently. If a girl's depressed and constantly wanting her man to stay locked up at home with her that's downright selfish. He deserves to have an enjoyable life.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    I'm still wondering if she does this frequently. If a girl's depressed and constantly wanting her man to stay locked up at home with her that's downright selfish. He deserves to have an enjoyable life.
    I am guessing she is clingy and he has alcohol issues. They may well be a good match.

ya i talked to him. he told me he wasnt going to go out and get crunk again without telling me where he is first and i said that i would drive him home and everything is fixed and i did talk to the driver and he said "**** you bitch" so alex isnt going drinking with him anymore because he called me a bitch.

Great. Sounds like Happily Ever After.

Use birth control.
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah18 View Post
    my bf went out last night and got drunk even tho i was having a horrible day (school, life, etc.) and i asked him not to and he did it anyways and then in his intoxication he let his freind drive him home Drunk. and i spent the entire night having an emotional meltdown while he was off drunk and having fun (w/e) and then jeapordizing his life to go home.
    What is your point?
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."