+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Butterfly Effect

The Butterfly Effect

Did anyone see that? What did you people think? I liked. Muchly so.

nope.. I havent seen it but it looks good .. you saw it already?
    I thought it might be lame because of Ashton.. but.. I trust your advice so.. Ill check it out! Right on... I have a movie to see this weekend!
    "Remember always, that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    - - Eleanor Roosevelt
    " It's not who we are that holds us back, it's who we think we're not."
    - - Michael Nolan
    "...to love and lose, is better than not to love at all..." .... Lord, whats his name....
    " The world is big... I want to see all of it before it gets dark." -- John Muir

I enjoyed it, I thought he did a decent job playing a serious role. I'll end up buying it.
    Heit ist mein taug.

EXCELLENT ! Two people I trust in Movie choices! Cool...

btw.. Zekk, yeah, of course you'll own it .. you have a TON of movies. lol
    "Remember always, that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    - - Eleanor Roosevelt
    " It's not who we are that holds us back, it's who we think we're not."
    - - Michael Nolan
    "...to love and lose, is better than not to love at all..." .... Lord, whats his name....
    " The world is big... I want to see all of it before it gets dark." -- John Muir

Yup, I also was wary because of Ashton (i.e. I was afraid that I'd think of him as Kelso from "70s Show" the entire way through, like I do with actors who played "Friends" -- I mentally refer to them as Rachel, Phoebe, Ross, etc. in my head), but no such thing happened with Kutcher! None whatsoever. It was very well-done.

I've only caught that 70's show once or twice so I'm glad I didn't get that image of him drilled in my head, but the first thing I ever saw him in that kinda gave me my first impression of him was dude where's my car. Not a whole lot different, lol.
    Heit ist mein taug.

I'd go see it but I found out what "the butterfly effect" is and I kinda got confused

....stupid chaos theory
    .... what would life be like if I didn't touch anyones life....

excellent film, a little confusing in places but certainly a film that grips you from start to finish. Plenty of shocks and doesn't get dull and stale in the middle like some movies do. Kinda like the old quantum leap tv series and kinda makes you think about life and what you'd change if you could. Although has a few scenes in that could cause outrage . I give it, 8/10

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    damn, this is an old movie but i can't seem to get it out of my head. it's really different than how i thought it was going to turn out. it's written pretty good because you're confuzed in the beginning, however as the story unfolds, it makes you really think and keeps your attention. this is a must see. raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

saw it last night....all in all a decent flick. if i watch it again though, im watching the directors cut.

just saw it a couple days ago. i watch that 70s show religiously, and i love him as kelso, but i knew he'd do a good job in a serious role. i respect that he's trying not to be stereotyped into a certain role.

i thought the movie was really good but really disturbing. i was restless all night long and couldn't sleep. but i think everyone should at least check it out. be ready for a lot of scenes that make you jump! my friends were joking on me because i was hiding behind a pillow and just peeking my eyes over it for the entire first half of the movie. haha
    Cinderella said to Snow White
    "How does love get so off course
    All I wanted was a white knight
    With a good heart, soft touch, fast horse
    Ride me off into the sunset
    [URL=http://dizzygirl.net]Baby I'm forever yours[/URL]"

i just now saw it like 10 minutes ago... I tell you one thing, DAMN !!! i have NEVER had a movie grib my attention so strong that I blacked EVERYTHING around me out. This movie hits very close to home for me (i wont say why, but its ****ing too close for comfort). So as a result I kinda put myself in his shoes. While watching movies that hit close to home I like to put myself in the movie. And then BAM !!! That ending got to me. It was NOT expected. When it happened I felt as though a part of me died. Very emotional shit.

My hands are shaking hardcore right now as the tears are flowing and i have a knot in my throat. Very depressing ending for me, might not be depressing to alot of people, but it has hurt me. Only a select few movies hit me hard, and this one by far has effected me the most. I just wish I could go back and change one thing. Just one stupid sentence that I said last summer. One sentence. 6 ****ing words that if I never said, I, and alot of other peoples lives would be drastically changed forever. And from the way things have thus far turned out, things would be better for everyone.

Isn't amazing how much power so little words have ?

Damn it ! I cant stop crying ! This is one of those times I wish I had someone here that I can just hold and have hold me back as I cry my ****ing heart out. I need to cry. It helps me cope with my life.

This is a ****ing great movie ! If you havent seen it, go rent it ! Hell, go buy it ! I did.

The rated R version of the movie is so sad, but it's amazing. I suggest that anyone who hasn't seen it, watch the directors cut!!

"Don't let your memories kill you"
    I express my emotion by shooting things....

is it really that different??? We couldnt' decide which cut to watch, so we just went with the theatrical since it was some of our first times seeing it.
    Cinderella said to Snow White
    "How does love get so off course
    All I wanted was a white knight
    With a good heart, soft touch, fast horse
    Ride me off into the sunset
    [URL=http://dizzygirl.net]Baby I'm forever yours[/URL]"

I didn't know which to choose either so I choose Theatrical and it told me to flip the dvd so I said **** that and watched the Directors cut. hehe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast